Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Just had a lightening strike our house!! >

Just had a lightening strike our house!!

Just had a lightening strike our house!!

Old 04-07-2011, 03:53 PM

Lightning is a fearsome thing... glad you are all safe and sound. The rest is an inconvenience and an unneeded expense, but at least you and your family are all safe!
Old 04-08-2011, 02:31 PM

One time when I was small, there was a huge lightning storm in the San Fernando Valley area of Los Angeles where we lived. Lightning hit the transformer on the power pole outside our house, and it traveled down the wire into the house, took out the power and fried a clock in my parent's bedroom and several electrical outlets and some lamps. It was a BIG BANG that woke us all up. I'll never forget it, and that was probably 50 years ago or more.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:35 PM

Wow!!! I think I might have had a heart attack with that kind of a scare!!!!! I hope the damage to your home is soon fixed.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:21 PM

Yea! Just got the internet and phones back on-line! I think the electricical has finally been fixed-just in time for another storm! We have had some really heavy rains last night and today, but thankfully, no lightening and thunder with this one! Looks like my sister's home insurance will be footing the bill for this! I know the adjuster, though, and he is a real @#$%!#%!!!
Old 04-15-2011, 07:59 PM

Had that happen a few weeks ago...It hit a tree next to our garage...It killed the tree,took out our cable and internet and 2 tv's...The sure protecter saved my machines...Anything connected to the cable and ethernet cable died...It even knocked out things in my kitchen window.....Had I been in the kitchen, it probably would have gotten me...Lightening is so dangerous....
Thank goodness none of you were hurt either...