Just need to vent!

Old 11-15-2010, 11:50 AM

Good Luck in your recovery. Just tell them their gifts is gonna be a little late and they will understand because of your surgery. Don't worry. It will all work out.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:55 AM

i kinda wish that had been my schedule.

I just had surgery friday, but they gave me 6 weeks to stew and stress about it. I was full-on ugly-face crying and the pre-op wednesday, a mess thursday, and sobbing friday morning as i went in. i was scared.

of course, everything went well and i'll be just fine. lots of stress and tears for nothing.

i need to work on what everyone is telling you - to recover first. i just want to do something besides lay here and hurt. but anything right now is just too much.

we can vent to eachother as we heal!
Old 11-15-2010, 12:04 PM

Oh I sew understand your predicament. HUGS. I am putting off my elbow surgery till January. Gotta finsih those gifts. Hope you are healing quickly. You can watch quilting shows while you rest.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-126944.gif  
Old 11-15-2010, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Ditter43
Time is the great healer and patience a virtue, Grasshopper. There is a lesson here to be learned. :lol: :D :D :D Hang in there!!
Ditter - I really wish you were my neighbor.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:23 AM

Thankyou everyone for the encouragement and warm wishes. It is the quilting board that will keep my sanity for the next 8-12 weeks. I go on Monday 22nd to get my stitches and dressings removed...YEAHHHH I get to take a shower. The people on this board are the BEST... Thanks for caring!
Old 11-17-2010, 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by cutebuns
Sounds close to what happened to me. I went in to see the OBGYN and they asked if they could put me on the short notice list if a cancellation came up, I said sure, thinking that I still had a while, I saw her on the Tues, got the call on the thursday just before Easter long weekend and went in the Wed for abdominal surgery which put me out for 6 weeks. So I had a bit more notice.
A hot tip:

Don't be too flexible around holiday and vacation time. The clinics and hospitals are empty those days (and the equipment does not amortize ....).