Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Just Needed a Few  Things from Lowes >

Just Needed a Few Things from Lowes

Just Needed a Few Things from Lowes

Old 05-10-2010, 06:38 AM
Power Poster

Poor guy will never live that one down :wink: LOL

So how was the hammock ?
Old 05-10-2010, 06:47 AM

My sister's DD met her at a restaurant and after eating they went in dd car and went shopping for "awhile" when they came back, MOM, Your car is running! and my sister says Well, glad I filled it up!
I guess it happens more that one would think! lol
Old 05-10-2010, 06:48 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sharon b
Poor guy will never live that one down :wink: LOL

So how was the hammock ?
:lol: :lol: well, the directions, which came in 3 different languages. said it was a 30 minute assembly. 2 hrs later , the hammock is together :roll: One thing for sure, every time I lay in it, I will remember the day we bought it :lol: The grandsons came. and enjoyed being able to lay on it. and had their food on it, and even allowed to eat their marshmellows on it. :lol: :lol: Mortimer tried several times to lay on it. but the motion scared him. He would jump on, and then it would swing,and he would jump off and cry :lol: :lol:
Old 05-10-2010, 06:49 AM
Power Poster

Well when you are laying there and enjoying it with a smile on your face "we" will know why :wink: LOL Poor hubby :lol:
Old 05-10-2010, 06:53 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by kathy
all I can say is "you were lucky this time" and if you leave your purse in your car you're just asking someone to break the window to get it. some people say "I'll just leave my purse in the car, I don't have any money anyway" but theives don't know that so you end up with a busted window for nothing.
ok, speech over
well, now :lol: :lol: that surely was a speech. And I would never leave my purse in site. I do have my blonde moments though.
1. how stupid a thieve would have been to break the window when the doors were not locked.
2 why steal the purse, why not just take the whole car :lol: :lol:
and 3. , last , but not lease, the purse was a gift from my daughter, the most expensive one I have ever owned, and I would not have wanted to come home and tell her how it was stolen. So, kathy, advice heard and taken here ;-)
Old 05-10-2010, 06:55 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sewjean
My sister's DD met her at a restaurant and after eating they went in dd car and went shopping for "awhile" when they came back, MOM, Your car is running! and my sister says Well, glad I filled it up!
I guess it happens more that one would think! lol
:lol: :lol: :lol: I would love to tell DH this, but since I am not supposed to be telling this story, will just have to laugh to myself. I just loved your sister's comeback!!
Old 05-10-2010, 07:24 AM

Ninnie, I am so glad that all worked out OK. I have left my purse in the grocery cart and gone all the way home to have a phone call saying someone brought my purse into the store!! One time we had just returned from vacation and there was LOTS of money in it and it was all still there. Boy was I lucky. And I have never been a blonde. Did this twice!!
Old 05-10-2010, 07:25 AM

Reminds me of the time a group from our office went out to lunch together. We get to the restaurant, everyone gets out, the four doors slam, and then my boss realized he had left the keys in the car and the car was still running. Very embarrased boss had to call AAA and have someone come unlock the car. We all had a good laugh (and an extra long lunch).
Old 05-10-2010, 07:55 AM

Thanks for the great story. Guess now you will always have a new private joke with DH.
Check list - car off, yes - keys, yes - glasses, yes - doors locked, yes.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:06 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Marjpf
Thanks for the great story. Guess now you will always have a new private joke with DH.
Check list - car off, yes - keys, yes - glasses, yes - doors locked, yes.
:lol: :lol: I think I will put this list on a post-it-note. I have some shaped like hearts. from my SQA :-D , and it will look so cute right on the dash, above the steering wheel :lol: :lol: