Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Just Neesie, Checking In

Just Neesie, Checking In

Just want to let my friends know I haven't deserted the QB. For some strange reason, my computer keyboard doesn't want to cooperate with this one site. It usually skips letters, unless I type very, very, very, very slowly, which is extremely frustrating. The alternative is to peck out letters one by one, on my iPad. Anyway, just wanted to pop in and give everyone a {{{{{ hug }}}}}. Am still reading but it's just too frustrating, to try responding to multiple posts.

Neesie
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 06-09-2015 at 01:32 PM.
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

Blog Entries
    I don't think it's your keyboard alone, my I pad is ok but my computer does the same as yours....

The remedy for an unruly keyboard is...........

Place the offending object under a tire and put it in reverse.
    Then run off to Best Buy and get a new one.

Glad to see your still with us!! Nessie
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    ďIf you canít see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesnít exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,Ē .......Greg Biornstad

Power Poster
    I only use my iPad to post. My computer and I are not on speaking terms.

Blog Entries
    Good to see you Neesie. I hope you can get that working somehow.

Good to see you back.

Good to see you. Your typing issues with this site are likely due to the browser you are using to get to the internet. I currently use Mozilla Firefox and have no issues. I have had those same issues in the past with Internet Explorer. Just a thought/suggestion.

Hi Neesie,
    others have had this problem. It is not your keyboard, as it only happens here. This thread may be useful to you:
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help...t265176-2.html
    "He who masters the grey everyday is a hero."
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/PeachPalaceDesigns

Quote Originally Posted by JenniePenny View Post
    Hi Neesie,
    others have had this problem. It is not your keyboard, as it only happens here. This thread may be useful to you:
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help...t265176-2.html
    Neesie,
    I tried the suggestions in this thread. I can't remember which one it was that worked, but I had the exact same problem as you!

Blog Entries
    My key board is having issues too. I am the hunt and peck typist and I know I am hitting the correct keys but a lot of the time when I look up there will be several words misspelled --2 k's came up instead of 2 Ls and I hit the L. And it is always the letter to the left. I may do as Chasing Hawk suggests and just run the bugger over and be done with it. My son say's to throw it in the dish washer next time and use the heat /dryer cycle -then set it in the sun to make sure it is totally dry. It will take me 3 months to fill the DW to justify using it. He does this once a month and he's been using the same kb for 3 yrs.

Hang in there Neesie. I am having problems with new wireless keyboard.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

I have the same problem.
    JenniePenny...thanks for the link. Will check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchit123 View Post
    My key board is having issues too. I am the hunt and peck typist and I know I am hitting the correct keys but a lot of the time when I look up there will be several words misspelled --2 k's came up instead of 2 Ls and I hit the L. And it is always the letter to the left. I may do as Chasing Hawk suggests and just run the bugger over and be done with it. My son say's to throw it in the dish washer next time and use the heat /dryer cycle -then set it in the sun to make sure it is totally dry. It will take me 3 months to fill the DW to justify using it. He does this once a month and he's been using the same kb for 3 yrs.
    Seriously? In the dishwasher? I found switching from internet explorer to chrome did the trick for me.
    Julie
    Good friends are like stars; you don't always see them, but you know they're always there!

Did you try first hitting the A/A tab that is directly under "quick reply" first? This always fixes it for me and I can type with no problems. (The tab on the far left right about where you would type a quick reply.)

I have had the same problem and stopped for quite a while, but it's working OK now. It is just this site.

Blog Entries
    I haven't been posting/shareing for the same reason! So far the fix works! I have been remodeling my sewing room and have 320 YARDS of fabric folded on comic boards(so far) - don't tell my DH! I don't have a smart phone so don't know how to post photos, just be assured my sewing room is PERFECT and you all will be green with envy, LOL

Thanks so much, everyone. I read the suggestions and just did the compatibility settings thng so we'll see how it wors ut So ar, notso wel. Oky, will tr one o the thers.
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk View Post
    The remedy for an unruly keyboard is...........

Place the offending object under a tire and put it in reverse.
    Then run off to Best Buy and get a new one.

Glad to see your still with us!! Nessie
    Since it works with every other site, I hesitate to do that. A minute ago, it was skipping but now it's working properly. Not sure what the trigger is. I did change the compatibility setting thing but immediately afterwards, it started skipping. Just logged out and back in again, so maybe that set the change in motion. If so, YAY!!!!

THANK YOU, everyone! If it starts goofing up again, I'll try some of the other tricks. {{{{{ BIG HUGS }}}}}
    Neesie

~Richard Dawkins

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Happens to me on another site. Not so much here anymore and I use IE.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    I only use my iPad to post. My computer and I are not on speaking terms.
    I think we must be having an Electronics rebellion, of some sort. I also post on one of the very popular social sites (I'm not sure we're allowed to mention names, but y'all probably know the one) and every now and then, my iPad or iPhone refuses to support that app. As soon as I start to scroll, it shuts down the program. On the computer, it works just fine. Have rebooted and deleted/restored app, with no luck. Then as suddenly as the problem began, it'll vanish. Yep, our electronics are out to drive us all batty!
    Neesie

~Richard Dawkins

We feel your presence Nessie, and hope you can feel our love

Glad you are well. Your problem may be easy to solve with some of the ideas listed here.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by quiltin-nannie View Post
    Seriously? In the dishwasher? I found switching from internet explorer to chrome did the trick for me.
    Me, too! Switched to Chrome, transferred my bookmarks and haven't had any problems since. Haven't even used IE since either.

Neesie, I don't have that problem on this site, but I sometimes do on yahoo mail. I use the Firefox browser, so it's not IE alone that is a problem. One work-around is to type whatever I want to type in a text program, such as Notepad, which comes with Windows. Then you can copy and paste it into the text window here or wherever you want it. I always enjoy seeing your comments here and that cute little dachshund face.
    True self-care is not salt baths and chocolate cake, it is making the choice to build a life you donít need to regularly escape from. ~Brianna Wiest

it is not just you

Quote Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
    Just want to let my friends know I haven't deserted the QB. For some strange reason, my computer keyboard doesn't want to cooperate with this one site. It usually skips letters, unless I type very, very, very, very slowly, which is extremely frustrating. The alternative is to peck out letters one by one, on my iPad. Anyway, just wanted to pop in and give everyone a {{{{{ hug }}}}}. Am still reading but it's just too frustrating, to try responding to multiple posts.
    Neesie
    It is not you...it happens to me all the time, but only on this site. I think it is the auto save getting hung up on saving your post. None of the suggested fixes work for long. I don't know the solution and yes it does keep me from posting many times. If I were the owners of this site I would look for a fix, not blame the poster or deny any problems. Just a thought.
    two simple rules for success
    1. Show up.
    2. Pay attention.
    One simple rule for happiness
    1. Kindness counts.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast