Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Just returned from "vacation" - in the hospital! >

Just returned from "vacation" - in the hospital!

Just returned from "vacation" - in the hospital!

Old 08-04-2011, 06:41 PM

I have a history of blood clots, also. And I am also on a blood thinner forever. It does not keep me from doing anything. Please have your blood tested on a regular basis, and be faithful at taking your medicine! Rejoyce >
Old 08-04-2011, 06:46 PM

Glad to hea you're back home. I know how hard it is to be sick & not quilting, just hang in there & the "quilting bug" will get you soon. Just go slow & before you know it you'll be quilting again. Take care & I'm praying for you. And sending you a Big Bear Hug & a pat on the back.....
Jan
Old 08-04-2011, 08:47 PM

Jill,
Am so sorry. Prayers are with you. You take care of yourself now.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Vanuatu Jill
Originally Posted by jljack
Take care!! My mom has trouble with clotting and is on warfarin, too. Not something you want to mess around with at all. Glad you are OK, and welcome back!!

BTW, we have boxers, also!! Aren't they the greatest dogs!!!
Yes-being on Warfarin is serious stuff, needing to constantly monitor your blood and watch what you eat and drink-guess my days of putting down a FEW margaritas are gone-but at least I can have ONE on occasion. I will really miss eating mangos and liver, though-the two foods they say to completely stay away from!
I was raised with a boxer and have always been partial to them--GREAT dogs!
U take care and u r in my prayers. About Boxers, here is a funny story to make u laugh I hope. When I was a kid we had a boxer, name was Hutch, and my dad raised pigs and I was sitting on the top of the pig pen and Hutch came jumping up at me and I fell into the muddy pig pen. He just jumped in after me and there we were all mud up to our necks.....hehehe....... :mrgreen: :oops:
Old 08-04-2011, 11:28 PM

OMG what a terrible ordeal! Good that you are on the mend...Sending healing thoughts and prayers your way!
Old 08-05-2011, 04:16 PM

My husband has been on blood thinners since he was 32- artifical aortic valve. So that makes it 20 years now.
Just take your time and read the rules about what to eat etc...Spinach is always a problem for him.
Everyone is different and routine is very important.
He just got a home monitoring system. He checks his blood levels at home --kinda like diabetics do.
Good-luck & take your time recovering-- ask for help and don't wait to go to the doctor!!

Maybe you should read some of the quilt novels (Jennifer C) or try some hand work.. or just look at everyones beautiful work here on QB!! You'll be up and sewing all in good time!!
Old 08-05-2011, 11:58 PM

Hang in there. Hope you have a speedy recovery. Sounds scarey.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:22 AM

When I read you were breathless, I knew right away it had to be clots in your lungs. I had them and in my legs and was in the hospital ICU for several days, then on the progressive floor for the remainder of 2 weeks. That was 6 years ago and I've been on coumadin/warfarin since then. Still short of breath, but doing so much better. Good luck on your recovery and keep on quilting.....
Old 08-06-2011, 07:56 AM

I have not had them in my lungs but when I had 42 in my legs then found out I had the K-facture. (thick blood) and will be on warfine for rest of my life also.