Just wondering......

Old 05-11-2011, 04:25 PM

Nope, no fear here. I was brought home from the hospital when I was born in a small private plane. Have loved flying ever since. Many, Many pilots and some stewardesses in our family. Love , love the air, more so than the highways!!:)
Old 05-11-2011, 04:53 PM

That's my favorite way to travel. I don't waste any road time getting to and from. I love to fly
Old 05-11-2011, 05:14 PM

I don't love to fly. I have to get on planes fairly often so the thrill is gone. But I don't have any fear or anxiety; it's just another way to get where I'm going.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:21 PM

I dislike flying because they cram everyone in like cattle and I find it uncomfortable. I've been travelling for years and a long time ago, flying was a nicer experience. However, I do love to travel and visit far off places and the only way to get there is to fly. I make sure I have a window seat because the people walking up and down the aisles bothers me, and I get out a good book, or my Kindle or some knitting and settle down and before I know it, I'm where I want to be. On a really long flight, I'll take 1/2 a sleeping pill because otherwise I wouldn't be able to sleep. As someone else mentioned, it's really very safe. As for the "mauling" at security - it's really nothing to get yourself upset about. It's over quickly and not everyone gets patted down. And I'd really rather they take these precautions than have someone smuggle in a bomb, wouldn't you?
Old 05-12-2011, 04:22 AM

I was afraid to fly, but when your children live across the country, you get over it fast if you want to see them. Which I do :) I have not flown alone, hubby has always been with me. I dislike take off the most, and usually squeeze his leg until he prys my hand loose. I don't think a stranger would appreciate that....or maybe they would :)
Old 05-12-2011, 04:38 AM

Statistically it's way safer than driving.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:38 AM

It's a beautiful sight from up above looking down, and when you are in the clouds - it is like you are seeing fluff balls passing by your window - or moving on a soft cloud of cotton... breathtaking to say the least - and to see the ground - see the Grand Canyon - the rivers meandering, or the rough terrain of the mountains ( I flew from the midwest to California several times) - it is not that bad; if you try it at least once - just to say you have had the experience.... like you say, if you don't like it rent a car to drive back! But, I do love it. Sometimes we have to overlook the faults in flying. There are problems we don't like all around us in life - we just have to overcome the barriers... and then there is the sunset or sunrise from a plane - nothing like it!
Old 05-12-2011, 04:51 AM

My Dad's was a pilot... he got me up in an airplane when I was toddler and I've loved flying ever since. Flying doesn't scare me..... However, I wouldn't drive a car if you paid me a million dollars. Go figure.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:19 AM
Power Poster

I don't mind the flying, but like some of you said, the security, connection issue, etc. is what stresses me out. I have a fake hip, so always trip the walk through and need a pat down. I don't mind that, because the ladies are all very nice, but, it takes time. I like the airports that have the scatter machines. I don't think I go through it enough times to worry about radiation. And the grandchildren are clear across the country so of course I fly to see them.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:09 AM

I am not wild about flying but I have done it.....even as far as L.A. to Auckland, New Zealand. If I have to fly to get there I will but still prefer driving when I can.