KAM Snaps

Old 03-02-2022, 05:09 PM

Smile KAM Snaps

I don't know what I am doing wrong but I am having a bad snap day. I am making simple, little coin pouches and no matter what interfacing I use I can't get the snaps to work.....or I should say on some of the material the snaps work but are very difficult to open. I have used them in the past on baby bibs when I used fusible fleece with cotton fabric and it seemed to work some of the time but today I tried, fusible fleece, Pellon 809, medium-weight batting, a mid-weight fusible material and a featherweight material for the interfacing and cotton for the outside. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? Or maybe a suggestion of a type of interfacing that would work with cotton? I believe I do know how much pressure to use. I don't want to give anyone a small pouch that they have to struggle to open. I am sure the snaps are fine and it is just me. I would use Velcro but snaps look nicer.

Thanks so much.
Old 03-02-2022, 05:13 PM

I find that once I put the snaps in now, I have to open and shut them dozens of times to loosen them up enough to easily use on the bibs.
Old 03-03-2022, 05:09 AM

I use a lot of Kam Snaps and all different types of interfacing and fabric. I always have to open and shut them several times before they loosen up a bit. It's like putting on a new pair of shoes, you have to break them in a little bit.
Old 03-03-2022, 06:02 PM

I think all of us find that we have to open/close them several times when new to get them to open more easily on a regular basis.