Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
kitchen aid classic food mixer >

kitchen aid classic food mixer

kitchen aid classic food mixer

Old 12-14-2012, 06:10 AM

I've had my Kitchen Aid since the 70's and have only had to replace the metal plate that the bowl sits on 30 years later. It's a wonderful investment. It's a power-horse, always dependable, the attachments are great. I use mine a lot, but not as much as the family would like. It's great for making cookie dough, kneeding breads, grinding meats, ...... you name it. You can't go wrong.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:39 AM

At the time I purchased my Kitchen Aid Buckeye Stamps were given out at a local grocery store. I used all the Buckeye Stamps books in my collection and paid the balance for the machine. Totally love my machine after 30 + years of mixing bread dough and dozens of batches of cookies throughout the year especially in December.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:40 AM

Default RE: Mixer

Originally Posted by DottyD View Post
My DH has asked if I would like this food mixer for Christmas. Would I ????????????? WOW !! I am happy with the smallest one - as I don't cater for large numbers - but would appreciate any reviews from anyone who has this mixer ?
Thanks for your time !
Regards,
DottyD in England, UK.

My daughter purchased mine several years ago for a Christmas present. The one she got... when we turned it on would not turn off, so we had to take it back and get another one. However, she and I both just love this one and use it quite often. I can only hope it brings you as much joy as ours has to us.

Barbara
Old 12-14-2012, 07:41 AM

I got My KA mixer for Christmas 3 years ago. I love it. So much easier than trying to hold a hand mixer with one hand and scrape the bowl and add ingredients with the other. I'm glad I got it when I did. The price has doubled since then. I would still get one---They are worth the price.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:50 AM

They make such a difference! They were invented by a guy who wanted to do something about his mother's frustration with trying to pour flour into her Kitchenaid. I only use the two largest sizes. Let me know if you get other sizes, how you like to use them. The design also has a lip of sorts to balance and an edge to crack eggs...lots of features. Google them for the story.

Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
Thanks for the heads-up on the pouring bowls. I found them at Chef's Catalog:
http://www.chefscatalog.com/product/...ect-bowls.aspx
and Amazon also has them individually in all of the sizes. Think I will get a couple!
Old 12-14-2012, 10:21 AM

I finally replaced the 25 year old I "stole" from my mom. I got the 6 qt. because of the bread making I do. It has great mixing power, but louder than the old one I had. But I wouldn't trade it for any other kind.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:44 PM

I totally agree with Bella Boo. Motor Size is critical if you do alot of cooking. I have had mine for years and I LOVE it! Merry Christmas!
Old 12-15-2012, 05:23 AM

I have two---one purchased in 1975 and another when we obtained a weekend home, in 2004. They are fabulous. My 1975 model works as well today as the day it came home to me! It still looks new too. Trust me, it isn't. I use it like crazy.

Laurie
Old 12-15-2012, 06:06 PM

It seems like most of you have had your KA for a long time---if you were going to buy one now, which one would you recommend? I am going to gift myself this year with this mixer since I have wanted one for years but they are so pricey I have stalled.....but after reading this thread I'm gonna get 'er done!!! I need some recommendations--there are so many offered on the website. I do bake alot & do breads, some canning, and like making all I can from scratch. Hope to hear some suggestions from you all!!! And I love gadgets!
Old 12-15-2012, 06:25 PM

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, and OH did I say LOVE those mixers. I personally have not had the priviledge of owning one but my grandmother does and I cant wait for dinners at her house just so I can use it. I have a lower end version from another company that does pretty much the same things but I would gladly trade that one for the Kitchen Aid. If your DH wants to get you one then I would go for it. After all it is the one item that most likely you will never have to buy another one of. Grandmas first one lasted almost 30 years before she had to get a new one. Her current one she has had going on 10 years now.