Kits by Kaffe Fassett

Old 05-10-2023, 09:32 AM

Default Kits by Kaffe Fassett

My friend in England said her daughter bought a kit by Fassett only to find no pattern included. She was told to buy the book!! Now that is not fun at all. She evidently did not see any warning about that when purchasing, so watch out all!!! sad but true story.
Old 05-10-2023, 02:37 PM

Wow! What good is a kit without a pattern? I've bought several kits in my time & have never known one that did not have a pattern with it. What a huge disappointment! Maybe she could post the name of the pattern & someone that no longer needs it could send it to her.
Old 05-10-2023, 02:48 PM

Oh i'm not sure her daughter uses the computer much. she may. She is a retired Nurse and one of those wonderful people who has talent for anything they want to try. I wish I could do all the things she does.
Old 05-10-2023, 03:42 PM
Power Poster

It's not that uncommon for a kit not to include the pattern. It's one of those things you learn the hard way, after getting stung.
Old 05-11-2023, 04:35 AM
Power Poster

Usually the kit will say pattern not included. I'd be mad if that information was not listed when the kit was bought. Unless the pattern is downloadable or with the kit I won't buy the kit. The designer will have to make their money off someone else.
Old 05-11-2023, 06:10 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
Usually the kit will say pattern not included. I'd be mad if that information was not listed when the kit was bought. Unless the pattern is downloadable or with the kit I won't buy the kit. The designer will have to make their money off someone else.
It's not always (and perhaps not even usually) the pattern designer who makes up the kit. My LQS, for instance, makes up kits for a pattern that they advise you to buy online as a digital download. Many quilt stores make up kits for popular patterns without having any kind of deal with the pattern designer. Sometimes they include the pattern with the kit, and sometimes not. I agree that the kit seller should make it clear when the pattern is not included.
Old 05-11-2023, 02:33 PM
Power Poster

I thought shops had to have permission to kit for a specific copyrighted pattern. Maybe not. I have learned to ask if pattern is included or available for free if I buy the kit.
Old 05-11-2023, 03:12 PM
Power Poster

I recently bought the Kaffe Fassett Seed Packets kit. It had a nice pattern included. I would be annoyed if I bought a kit and had to buy a book to go with it.