L@@K at my new Baby!!

Old 07-28-2010, 03:36 PM

congrats---what a little sweetie. They do fill our lives with love and joy---give her a hug from me.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:57 AM

That is soooo wonderful!!! i know how you feel about rescues. Some years ago when we lived in La we bought a male giant breed rottweiler puppy. We named him Samson and he lived up to his name. We had him for a couple of years before our neighbor beggan to poison him slowly. We used to go out in the yard around 230 am when my husband would leave fr work and my teenage son and i would play chase or catch with Samson for a few minutes then go back inside for the nite.Samson was a part of our family and we loved each other.We were devastated to see his decline due to the poisoning and then when our neighbor told the police what he had done we just could not believe it. He said he killed Samson because we treated the dog like he was somebody. We did not presss charges because our neighbor was a very old man and it would not bring Samson back. We grieved for Samson. Time passed and we were out at the park my husband ,son and myself when i noticed a female Rottweiler running crooked in the fenced in feild. She was running /staggering and I went to her and opened the gate. She was skin and bones. Her eyes were dull and she was very weak. Long story short we took her to the vet who said she was nearly starved to death, she had been used as a breeder and left to die when she could no longer produce. We took her home and continued to feed her and love her and she lived about 5 more years. We named her Sheba and she rescued us! She, as you say filled the spot left by our other pet and she seeemed to realize she was in a safe and loving environment . She gave back to us soooo much more than we ever dreamed possible. by the way, my LeLu kitty is also a rescue.She is smart, loving and beautiful, too.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:14 AM

Thank you for sharing your touching story with all of us!! My heart is sad that you lost Sampson in such a horrible way. :( It's so rewarding to rescue an animal & the Love they give you in return, pays back 100 fold. May your next rescue be as wonderful as my little Rose is to me!!
:D :D :D :D
Old 07-29-2010, 11:37 PM
Banned

she is so cute, I am glad you have a new baby. God bless. Penny
Old 07-30-2010, 12:16 PM

I wanted to report to everyone, that Rosie is sick with Kennel Cough!! :( She contracted it at the animal shelter, but that is a very common thing to pick up. She has been to Vet & is on two medications. We will take her back in a week. Oh yes, she weighed in at 6 lbs!! :D She's just the cutest 6 lb bundle of LOVE I have ever seen!!
:D :D :D :D