Led Christmas Lights

Old 12-13-2009, 03:45 PM
Power Poster

DH got rid of our outside LED lights. When one went out a whole section went out with it. They were a pain for him to deal with. He bought the old fashioned big lights in the Christmas colors. They look great outlining the house. And if one goes out it is the only one that goes out. Inside I have the led pre lit tree and I love that. It has more lights then I could ever get strung on it.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:21 AM

I discovered something the other day while talking to the manager of a store. My friend and I were looking for replacement bulbs for some LED lights she had. The bulbs don't come out to be replaced! She only has 3 burned out so she will leave them up for now, but she will have to replace the whole string. Are they all like that or was it just her bad luck to buy that particular kind????
Old 12-15-2009, 10:53 AM

I think bad luck. Our string came with replacement bulbs.
Originally Posted by Andi
I discovered something the other day while talking to the manager of a store. My friend and I were looking for replacement bulbs for some LED lights she had. The bulbs don't come out to be replaced! She only has 3 burned out so she will leave them up for now, but she will have to replace the whole string. Are they all like that or was it just her bad luck to buy that particular kind????
Old 12-15-2009, 11:08 AM

Those intense Christmas LED lights make my eyes cross!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: We have a house two blocks from us that have about 500 strings of them up, and I can't stand to drive past it!!!
Old 12-15-2009, 11:10 AM
Power Poster

Remember when the twinkie lights first came out? One burned out and the whole string went out. Now you can buy strings that don't do that, but you have to read the box. Same thing with the LED lights.
I got "burned" on a couple of boxes of battery operated twinkies...these bulbs were permanent too. Now I am a box opener...I check to make sure the bulbs come out.

I wonder if the LED bulbs come in different size bases like the twinkies? last year I spent over an hour switching bulbs to different bases for mom...I told her to replace those strings over the next year or so LMBO
Old 12-15-2009, 11:51 AM

I have 3 lights (all blue ones for some reason) burnt out and all the other ones have stayed lit on 2 different strings. Ours also came with replacement bulbs, I just haven't done it yet.
Amma: they do come in different sizes. From very small (like the old twinkly lights) to large like the C-7 my dad used to use in the "olden days".
My neighbor kind of overdid it with lights, too--you could land a 747 on our street thanks to him!! I think he watched "Christmas Vacation" too may times LOL!!
Old 12-16-2009, 02:30 PM

Am I the only one who doesn't like the LED lights? They are not a clear, bright white like my old Silvestri strings. My LED lights seem to have a blue tint to them. Put them up about 5 years ago and haven't used them since.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:30 AM
Power Poster

I bought some LED's recently. I think I recall seeing that they take less electricity. I got them because they are pretty.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:15 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by janRN
I have 3 lights (all blue ones for some reason) burnt out and all the other ones have stayed lit on 2 different strings. Ours also came with replacement bulbs, I just haven't done it yet.
Amma: they do come in different sizes. From very small (like the old twinkly lights) to large like the C-7 my dad used to use in the "olden days".
My neighbor kind of overdid it with lights, too--you could land a 747 on our street thanks to him!! I think he watched "Christmas Vacation" too may times LOL!!
That would be me. Christmas Vacation was on 10 times in 5 nights. I watched it about 8 1/2 times.