LED light strips

Old 11-06-2020, 10:14 PM

I recommend you to check on couponcodify , I bought for birthday from there, there are varieties of LED are available at quite a decent rate. I hope you will easily find from there.
Old 11-12-2020, 02:08 PM

I've been very happy with a Razon brand LED light strip, that I bought on Amazon almost three years ago.

Tip: I positioned it so the left-most portion of the strip was on the part of the machine body that is directly above the needle and presser foot. Having a light or two to the left of the needle really gets rid of any shadows by the needle. I found it helpful to experiment with different ways of positioning the strip before peeling off the backing and sticking it on. Every time I turn on the lights, I am delighted how bright my sewing area is - sooooo much better than my single icandescent lightbulb!
Old 11-14-2020, 10:33 PM

Hey there, Maybe this one can better for you. It's ratings is much good.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SLS2S7W...pa_dk_detail_5
Old 12-20-2020, 07:45 PM

Oh, thanks for that tip! I was never quite satisfied with mine and preferred a goose-neck lamp that I can pull over the top of my machine and have it shine down right on where the needle enters the fabric. Its adjustable that way to have it shine wherever you want it!
Old 12-21-2020, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Kitsie View Post
preferred a goose-neck lamp that I can pull over the top of my machine and have it shine down right on where the needle enters the fabric. Its adjustable that way to have it shine wherever you want it!
This is what I use also. I like the clamp-on IKEA lamp, it was only $10 too.
Old 12-21-2020, 09:44 AM
Power Poster

I too like the goose neck lamp---easy to point where light is needed
Old 01-01-2021, 07:40 AM

I've not had luck with the LED strip lights. I'd put a rolled up fabric project in the harp and it would catch the adhesive tabs making the light come off my sewing machine. I got a clamp on gooseneck light for $8 off amazon and can place it anywhere I need to.

When sewing really dark fabric I also got a headlamp I wear for extra light - it looks like a miners head light.
Old 01-01-2021, 09:21 AM

The clamp on light sounds great.
What do you clamp the light to?
Old 01-01-2021, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by kelsunshine View Post
I've moved it around to many places. Clamped it on my bed's wooden headboard when I wanted to do mending in bed, on my sewing table, over my ironing board, to my end table when sewing on the couch...lol.

Here's the lamp but I swapped out the bulb for an LED one. Looks like the price is higher now though (if I remember correctly, it was a daily deal on Amazon - it says I got it for $8.99 in May of 2018): https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here's the 'miner's headlight' https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited by mcadwell; 01-01-2021 at 11:47 AM.
Old 01-01-2021, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by kelsunshine View Post
I clamp mine onto the reverse lever. It doesn't impede or affect the reverse lever or it's action at all, and it's easy to direct the light exactly where I want it, right at the needle.
Attached Thumbnails clamp-light.jpg