Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
LED Lights for the Sewing Room??? >

LED Lights for the Sewing Room???

LED Lights for the Sewing Room???

Old 11-17-2021, 10:21 PM

Onebyone, that seems strange that they only lasted a year. The lights I've been looking at online are all in one unit so of course I'd have to replace the entire thing. My sister's has had her lights for 4 years, leaves them on all day and turns them out at night. So far she hasn't had to replace any of them and they're quite bright but of course she had a electrician get them for her.

I'll be heading into town to check out Home Depot, Lowes and Menards with hopes I find something that will work for me.

Thanks all for your help.
Old 11-20-2021, 08:39 AM

We installed LED lights in the shop last week. What a difference! Since we have several fixtures to replace it will be months before all the lighting is replaced.
Old 11-20-2021, 10:00 PM

Chasing Hawk, I was able to find all my lights at Lowe's the other day. They didn't have enough for my 1st choice so went with the 2nd choice. They can be connected to each other, controlled by voice command, dimmer switch and/or Felt app on your phone so this should be interesting if we can figure them out. Found out that the 5,000k I thought I wanted seemed too blinding so went with 4,000k. You can also change the brightness on these also. Went with a smaller type light for over the laundry area and down the hallway. Now to just get them installed.

Thanks all for your suggestions.