Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: lessons learned on pillow case

Blog Entries

lessons learned on pillow case

I needed a king size fat pillow case for my pillow...The ones store bought were just too tight and difficult to put on....so I thought I would make one....I hauled out some material that I thought I liked , measured and cut carefully (I thought) and aimed for a "professional" look. Mistake number one....I cut the case the finished size. The instructions had them the first thing....So the top part of the pillow case was missing 4 inches. I sewed up the side and bottom, then zig-zagged the seams (first time I have done this). I measured and found I could make a 3 inch fold over for the top. then I went to press it and found the material was horrible. It did not iron out the wrinkles no matter what and I muttered to myself that it would probable look better with the pillow in it. So I did my first pillow with lousy material with less than stellar results but LOTS of lessons and I have a pillow case which was my goal. I now am going to make the other one I have cut out (same material in a regular size for my husband) Lots of lessons learned.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    I have done a few of those lesson learning projects.....It does however make a great freezer topper.

LOL I too have made many things and learned lessons from them...ok so it's been all of the things I've made...who's to know right?

ERNSTAN947-thanks for the chuckle!
    I am too blessed to be stressed and too anointed to be disappointed!

Quote Originally Posted by erstan947 View Post
    .....it does however make a great freezer topper.
    lmao!!!

Power Poster
    learn and live - - - -

Blog Entries
    I have made this exchange. Thanks everyone for looking.

Making kitchen curtains is a learning experience for me every so many years when I tackle them again. I either forget to add an inch or I make the pocket rod too tight. I do have a book about making curtains and drapes of all kinds. Just too lazy to get it out.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep......plus you learn more from your mistakes than your successes. Put them on a smaller pillow and consider them perfect.

So sorry you had a problem. Jenny Doan has a great tut on making pillowcases on Moussiouri Star quilt company.