Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Let the Games Begin...

Getting ready to go to the first family dinner in about an hour....

Love my family, but I enjoy my solitude.

At least you have a family to go to.

Yes, very thankful to have a church family, a work family, an ex-in-law family, and my own family. They all love me just as I am.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pojo
    This is so true.

((((( HUGS )))) everyone.

There are a lot of us spending Christmas alone for one reason or another. My parents & only sister are deceased & I have no children. I just wish I was not sick as well. I've been sick all week & could not even shop for special food. I'm thankful that I have a warm house & can afford to pay the electric bill. I know there are so many homeless now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by donnajean
    There are a lot of us spending Christmas alone for one reason or another. My parents & only sister are deceased & I have no children. I just wish I was not sick as well. I've been sick all week & could not even shop for special food. I'm thankful that I have a warm house & can afford to pay the electric bill. I know there are so many homeless now.

Donnajean if you live closer to me, I would have you to go with me to my family gathering. Our motto is the more the merrier . I know you have been a blessing to us. Hope you fell better so Merry Christmas!!!

Ditto on that... It was just DH and I today...........
    Hope you start feeling better..... :-)

Thank you for the kind words. We did not have a white Christmas, but looks like I'm on the edge of a blizzard forcast for tomorrow with the storm coming up the east coast. Looks like I will be stuck in the house for a few more days.

Merry Christmas to all!

Quote Originally Posted by donnajean
    Thank you for the kind words. We did not have a white Christmas, but looks like I'm on the edge of a blizzard forcast for tomorrow with the storm coming up the east coast. Looks like I will be stuck in the house for a few more days.

Merry Christmas to all!
    Donna Jean, Please feel better soon and Merry Christmas to you.

Blog Entries
    I spent most of the day on the telephone with family and friends, it's just me and DH here, and he's pretty much in the dog house. My cat's have been keeping me company. Merry Christmas to all

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    My motto is make the best of what you have!

You remind me of... ME. I love my children when they come to visit and we cherish the memories and the day they leave. The house is back to our routine, quiet, just the cats and my husband and its peaceful. What a gift that is. I hope dinner was tolerable. Its only a few hours out of your life and maybe that makes it easier to take. And lucky you! Christmas comes only once a year!!!! p.s. going to the dinner is better than making the dinner. You can leave when you want to!

Frugal - Understand...I remember when the kids were little and Christmas usually was celebrated at least 5 times and places. I love, love my family and extended family, and cherish the memories of those times, but, with 3 little ones, it was exhausting! Hope you had a good time.

Donna Jean - So sorry you aren't feeling well. I started sneezing and runny nose as I was finishing up Christmas items about midnight, and woke up with sore throat and cold...blah! That is one Christmas gift i could have done without ;-)

Thank you all - I truly did have a good time with my mom and dad and my sister and daughter.

We enjoyed dinner and sat around and had coffee and reminisced on our younger days.

One more celebration on Sunday...with the entire clan.
    Attached Images Attached Images