Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Life is good !

Blog Entries

Smile Life is good !

I finished a quilt and needed some backing. Because DH had a major operation in April and money is tight, I worried how I would afford the material. I went to my stash and buried under a pile was something that will work just fine.

As if that wasn't enough good news for the week, I've been searching for shoes for my DS wedding in Sept. I had the foot operated on and the surgery made it much worse and I was unable to fit into any shoes I tried on. Walking through Wally World I noticed some shiny silver flat shoes, tried them on and voila' they fit and are comfortable. As if that wasn't enough good news, they were marked down to $3.

Think I'll go out and grab a lottery ticket since I'm on a roll. Forget it, I could use that ticket money for something quilting

Blog Entries
    It is so nice when things work out so well, especially when it's really needed. Good for you! I hope your streak continues. I hope you and your husband recover quickly.

Sounds like you are on a roll! I can always tell when I am meant to be some place (like a store or restaurant) is when I find a parking space right in front of the place. But saving money is even better.

Don't you love when that happens! Glad to hear.
    Alyce

Power Poster
    I am happy for you!

Blog Entries
    Good for you!!!

Sometimes good things happen and we don't even stop to take notice. Enjoy your good luck!

Glad things worked out for you. Life is hard but we pull through - thankful and grateful!

Blog Entries
    YAY! Life IS good! Enjoy!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Sometimes, when things look bleak, some sunshine peeks thru the clouds. Glad you found a pair of shoe for the wedding.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Great news. I try and always look on the bright side of life. Sometimes, a bird comes and pops something on my head and I forget the good stuff, but then I hop right back.

Keep smiling, Roberta!

Power Poster
    I'm happy things worked out for you. It's always great when you find the perfect backing fabric that had been hiding in your stash all alone. Your shoes also sound wonderful. I used to love buying shoes, and had several pairs, however, over the years my flat feet and other foot problems cut short the thrill of buying new shoes; but orthotics help keep my feet happy.