Life insurance

Old 09-09-2010, 01:35 PM
Power Poster

DH and I have life insurance polices that is paid for by our two adult children. They are the beneficiaries. Each child has a policy on me and DH. They pay the premiums. I figure I'm going to die one day may as well leave the kids some something extra they can use from it. :-D
Old 09-09-2010, 04:10 PM

Ok that's scary; Just kidding. We have it also for ourselves. I can't get past taking them out for the grandkids like they offer at schools. That's just asking for it to me. It is nice you children are thinking ahead to help them pay your estate bills. GOod for them.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
DH and I have life insurance polices that is paid for by our two adult children. They are the beneficiaries. Each child has a policy on me and DH. They pay the premiums. I figure I'm going to die one day may as well leave the kids some something extra they can use from it. :-D
That is a geat ideal. Going to talk this over with hubby. Thanks
Old 09-09-2010, 06:44 PM

When my friends father passed their mom was shocked at how much final expenses were. So the three siblings now pay for a policy on their mom. They will split the preimun three ways.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:55 PM

Everyone needs to think about this and soon. We just lost Mom on Monday and I was astounded with the costs and how much they had went up since about 5 years ago with my great aunt. About 13,000 with no frills in middle America. That is just astronomical!

I will have a policy on Daddy next week. Sounds morbid, but my last car didn't even cost that much!
Old 09-09-2010, 06:57 PM

I tried to take a policy for my in-laws and MIL would not allow me. My husband is an only child and I am afraid that when they GO, we will be on our own for a funeral, because they have no savings or no other form of insurance. She feels that I want to benefit from her death.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:57 PM

Yes, she is a piece of work.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:02 PM

I just signed my 2 grandchildren up for one and your right it was sickening but then I thought how much more sick I would feel about it if something did happen to one of my precious angels and I had to skimp on them when I said goodbye. So I went ahead and signed on the dotted line. It isn't much and I wouldn't want any proceeds from it, but it's enough that I could spend it all on them and not feel bad or have regrets about having to do it as cheap as possible.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:56 PM

OMGosh...please do consider this. My father passed away in July and had NO insurance at all. The funeral, medical bills, etc. were stunning.....we are still dealing with it all. I can't describe how awful it is to have to worry about money when you are trying to deal with the death of a parent.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:35 AM

My youngest brother passed suddenly this last May, leaving a wife and 2 kids 11 and 13. He did have insurance but no will. My SIL is only just starting to get some money in now.
My other brother had to go to the cemetary and pay them $3,500 on the morning of Micks funeral, or they said it would not go ahead. Dreadful.
So make a will too, the consequences are dire.