Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Little Bit and her turtle

This is Autumn, aka: Little Bit. She and her daddy came to my house with two turtles he found while at work. They now live in her pool in the back yard. The big one is a male, she has named Mr. Loggy. The smaller one is female, she named it Missy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

This is Autumn, aka: Little Bit. She and her daddy came to my house with two turtles he found while at work. They now live in her pool in the back yard. The big one is a male, she has named Mr. Loggy. The smaller one is female, she named it Missy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Awwww she is a cutie :D:D:D

Banned
    OMG! Cute!!! :lol: :lol:

Awww. they are so cute. My DGS has two turtles in a huge aquarium. Supposedly they are of the same sex - George and Timmy. I like watching them.

that is sooo cute!

Blog Entries
    She is darling! My niece has land turtles , she made a turtle garden for them. Every Spring she has babies in there. Really neat for her grandchildren to see.

Little Bit looks very happy with her new buddy.

Awww, we had a Link (aka Missing Link), a box turtle, for 17 years. I had her put to sleep last year. She got sick, and then just starved herself...she was getting so light. So we took her to my favorite vet and he did the deed....

she is buried in the garden, with a headstone we made.

These are wild turtles, and from what I've read the males have red eyes, which the big one does. The smaller one is female, with brown eyes. Web site said that too. We hope they will mate and we can have babies next year, we will see. It's fun to have them and their new home is being 'decorated' now by Little Bit, her daddy and our neighbor. :mrgreen:

Blog Entries
    cute

Pam
    Hope she has fun with her new pets.

Blog Entries
    cute

How fun!

Aw, cute!

hey, they look just the right size...for Mousie to catch a ride ;)
    Little Bit is cute as a bug! A really cute bug :XD:
    Enjoy those pets, sweetie :thumbup:

They are so cute. Turtles are my favorite creatures. I love to use them on quilts

She is so cute. Interesting turtles. Are they hard to take care of?

Blog Entries
    How neat for her ... and she can learn a lot from having them, responsibilty , nuturing and maybe about babies hatching :thumbup:

Little Hud,
    I'm not sure how hard they are to take care of, we have had them only for a few days. Their new home is Little Bits swimming pool and they can't get out. We have dirt, water, plants, logs, some minnows for them. We will see.

Super Member Nancy in Louisiana's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SUSAN
    These are wild turtles, and from what I've read the males have red eyes, which the big one does. The smaller one is female, with brown eyes. Web site said that too. We hope they will mate and we can have babies next year, we will see. It's fun to have them and their new home is being 'decorated' now by Little Bit, her daddy and our neighbor. :mrgreen:
    ------------------------------

Oh yeah -- they WILL mate -- and mate, and mate,and mate. I have a turtle pen in my back yard with several inhabitants that we rescued from the road, dogs, etc. There is nothing "hornier" than a box turtle, and they aren't choosey who they mount, male or female. My grandkids keep asking if they ever get tired of playing "leapfrog". If you plan on keeping them, I suggest strongly that you find another female. The ideal ratio is one male to three females. The males are very active, and I've seen them start as soon as they dig out of hibernation! I'm not sure how ethical it is to keep box turtles in a penned area, but we do provide them with a large natural habitat and a regular supply of food, lettuce, and worms. You will see babies after awhile, but the mortality rate is rather high -- when newly hatched, the ants attack them before they are able to move away quickly. Also birds, snakes, etc. Keep the ground soft so the female can lay eggs and the young ones are able to dig out. Also there's a wealth of info on box turtles on the internet well worth checking. Good luck to you and hope you enjoy them as much as we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
    Quote Originally Posted by SUSAN
    ------------------------------

Oh yeah -- they WILL mate -- and mate, and mate,and mate. I have a turtle pen in my back yard with several inhabitants that we rescued from the road, dogs, etc. There is nothing "hornier" than a box turtle, and they aren't choosey who they mount, male or female. My grandkids keep asking if they ever get tired of playing "leapfrog". If you plan on keeping them, I suggest strongly that you find another female. The ideal ratio is one male to three females. The males are very active, and I've seen them start as soon as they dig out of hibernation! I'm not sure how ethical it is to keep box turtles in a penned area, but we do provide them with a large natural habitat and a regular supply of food, lettuce, and worms. You will see babies after awhile, but the mortality rate is rather high -- when newly hatched, the ants attack them before they are able to move away quickly. Also birds, snakes, etc. Keep the ground soft so the female can lay eggs and the young ones are able to dig out. Also there's a wealth of info on box turtles on the internet well worth checking. Good luck to you and hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
    Thank you for your information. My gd will be thrilled if they mate. OMGOSH< babies!

she's such a cutie!! Hope the turtles are with her for a long time.

Friends come in all shapes and sizes! lol

really nice smile. and i like little bit's, too. she's adorable.

Cute little girl, hope she stays interested in the turtles. My oldest Grandson use to find them in my yard and wanted to keep them, they always crawled away. He lived in Chicago at the time and Parents didn't want to take them home. Had one in the Army in aquarium, fellow G.I.s weren't kind to it. Don't know what he did with it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast