a little knitting humor

Old 10-19-2018, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by cashs_mom View Post
How funny! I keep telling myself that I need to teach myself to knit. I taught myself to crochet years ago and that was before youtube. I really need to commit to doing this.
Me too! I've always wanted to learn. My mom taught me to crochet when I was 8, but I think knitting is more conducive to making sweaters, etc. I inherited a couple of large, stand-alone knitting machines about 10 years ago, but they've been stuck in the garage because I have no place to set them up in the house. Maybe when the kids move out.... DH keeps wanting to throw them out because they're just sitting there and I'm not using them, but you can't buy these anymore and I told him if the knitting machines go, then his jeep goes. Same situation with the jeep - it's been sitting there for 15 years and he drives it maybe 3 times a year. I once suggested we sell it and buy something more practical, but his eyes welled up with tears , so I guess we're keeping it.
Old 10-21-2018, 04:15 AM

Too funny. My mom taught my sister and me to knit at age 12, and I have been knitting since. My sister never took to it. Now I am a grandmother, and knit for my granddaughter. Knitting little clothes goes fast.
Old 10-21-2018, 04:29 AM

Peckish, I knit and thought of buying a knitting machine. Don't know anyone in SE Michigan that has one or where they are even being sold. Hope you will try using your knitting machine and let us know what you think.
Old 10-22-2018, 06:07 AM
Power Poster

I haven't knitted socks but I've bought them from sellers on Etsy, both hand and machine made. I like the machine made better. That gives me a good excuse for not learning how to knit them
I can make sweaters but have never done the pretty pattern that SBG did.