Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Look what I found on the side of the road! >

Look what I found on the side of the road!

Look what I found on the side of the road!

Old 06-07-2009, 06:24 PM

What a cutie and what a good person you are. I personally think that people who dump animals, should be shot. Thanks for rescuing her.
Old 06-07-2009, 07:26 PM

She probably spooked up from somewhere for whatever reason, her litter may have been her first, and she may have gotten confused or whatever.
If she has been out by herself long enough, the babies have either died, or the coyotes and crows had a good meal while she was whelping.
Our Indy dog had been out on her own so long that she was actually gray for lack of nourishment. She is a german shepherd, and is a definite tan, but has no saddle ... anyway, she had recently whelped, as your dog seems to have, and she didn't act like she had anywhere to go, either.
Enjoy your new pet <g> ...
I don't know how populated your area is, we are out six miles from town ... in high desert ... if you have a good vet, taking her to him will answer some of your questions.
We took INdy to the Humane Society for a week to see if her owners would show up - - and told them, if no one shows, we want her back. When we got her back, they had spayed her. We took her to our vet and he made a comment "Well, they didn't do her any favors with that spay job, did they?"
I never asked him what he saw or meant, but I knew that I would NEVER take another dog to the humane society ... animals don't live long enough under the best of lives to have to deal with sloppy, careless work. If you really care ... take your dog to a good vet ...
Congratulations, by the way <g>. You got a fine looking animal!
Old 06-08-2009, 02:24 AM

She looks like a very loving dog (wrapping her paw around DH's hand as he scratches her belly). How could you not fall in love with a dog like that?
Old 06-08-2009, 02:35 AM
k3n
Power Poster

What a beautiful girl! Just look at the love in her eyes. IF she was dumped, I'd like 10 minutes alone in a room with the people who did it, oh and a big stick! But it seems whatever she's gone through, she's landed on her feet now. Well done you!
Old 06-08-2009, 03:05 AM

she is so cute
Old 06-08-2009, 03:48 AM
Banned

How can someone leave a precious baby like that on the side of the road no doubt. GRRRRRRRRRRRR :x She was waiting for her new mommy to come get her and love her
Old 11-20-2010, 08:53 AM

This pup was lucky you stopped for her!

We got a mutt from the pound about 20 years ago. She is long gone, but her story was a sad one. Seems she was abandoned on the side of the road, with her doghouse and 11 puppies, in cold November. 10 of the puppies died - who knows how long she and they were there before someone finally picked them up and took them to the pound?

She was the sweetest dog you could ever want! So even tempered, so well behaved, so loving, and was an important part of our lives while she lived. Now she is a very good memory...
Old 11-20-2010, 12:25 PM

Awwww, she is so cute! There are some heartless people in this world. Glad you're not one of them.
Old 11-20-2010, 12:29 PM
Power Poster

How is dog doing now?
Old 11-20-2010, 12:32 PM

Probably what happened was that her puppies were sold or given away, it's easier to get rid of puppies than adult dogs.

My daughter has a gorgeous Boxer she found on the side of a road in Texas. Sammy was about 3 months old and starving, so of course she picked him up. She held him so he would eat enough, and now at about 70 pounds or more the big baby still wants to sit in the chair with mommy when she is reading.
No one ever came forth to claim him, so he lives with 2 other rescue dogs in the house most of the time. DD is very glad to have him right now, her DH retired from Army and is getting a higher degree at a far away University so what sounds like a pack of big wolves are good to have around at night.