Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Looking for a good winter face moisturizer >

Looking for a good winter face moisturizer

Looking for a good winter face moisturizer

Old 09-29-2013, 11:48 AM

i use dollar general brand deep cleansing moisturizing cream. followed by a good rinse and then with face still wet i apply 100% extra virgin olive oil. and let dry feels great...
Old 09-29-2013, 02:09 PM

I use Jarrow's extra virgin coconut oil at night to cleanse, rinse with water and then reapply coconut oil before I go to bed. It makes your skin so smooth and it is very healthy to absorb through the skin. I use a thin coat of it in the morning and instead of a foundation I a tinted moisturizer for make-up. I'm not saying it won't prevent wrinkles, I inherited mom's lines around her mouth and after tying to keep my husband alive for 4-5 years before and after his heart transplant I developed a lot of wrinkles, tells you how bad stress is for you. I am going to stop at Target this week, I say a dermatologist on Dr. Oz last week and she said creams just sit on your skin but serums absorb and plump your skin, she said the best thing going is called boost by No. 7 that they carry at Target.
Old 09-29-2013, 02:20 PM

I used to use a Loreal product. I started using Infinite Aloe several years ago for my eczema and it totally cures eczema so I started using it on my face too. I love the way it makes my skin feel. It's totally not cheap though but one jar will last me an entire winter and I use it on my arms and legs too. It also does amazing things for your hands and fingernails. It does come in unscented.
Old 09-29-2013, 02:52 PM

Oil of Olay original formula is my moisturizer for night or day. I've tried Clinique and Mary Kay, among others, and always go back to Oil of Olay. Have been using it since I was a teen. No clogged pores and no wrinkles. I'm retired, so you know my age! I've been complimented on my skin several times lately. :-)
Old 09-29-2013, 03:49 PM
Power Poster

Here's a link to the No. 7 product on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Boots-Protect-...dp/B0029OAL86/

Not sure I want all those parabens, though.

I looked at the Infinite Aloe and think I might try that. For feet, however, vaseline is *much* less expensive and works very well (under socks, of course)!

Last edited by Prism99; 09-29-2013 at 03:56 PM.
Old 09-29-2013, 04:31 PM

I use oil of olay and have for years, a bottle will last a long time. I even use it as hand lotion.
Old 09-29-2013, 05:04 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post

I looked at the Infinite Aloe and think I might try that. For feet, however, vaseline is *much* less expensive and works very well (under socks, of course)!
At $31 for one ounce ... is it gold?

I used to use and liked a different Boots No. 7 product, til this summer when they discontinued it.

As for the Aloe ... I react to anything with Aloe.
Lucky those who can use it.
Old 09-29-2013, 05:35 PM

Coconut oil with olive oil to keep it fluid. It is so soothing and fairly inexpensive. I put some coconut oil in a re-purposed olay container in the microwave to make it fluid, then stirred in the olive oil. I used low cook temperature. If you don't have that option you could use a double-boiler to melt it.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post

Even though the Infinite Aloe is on the expensive side you don't need much at all. I dip my index finger in the jar and what stays on the back of my finger from the first knuckle down is enough for my whole leg and foot. For my face I just use a couple of touches on one finger.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:54 PM

My sister swears by coconut oil on her entire body. I bought some and after 2 nights of using it on my feet they are so much softer. I smooth some onto my legs and knees but haven't tried it on my face yet.