Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: looking for nice tree skirt pattern

looking for nice tree skirt pattern

Hello Everyone, does anyone have any patterns for nice tree skirts? My Daughter In Law would like a nice tree skirt. I tried to google to find one but most I found you had to be member to print them out or pay for them. I don't have the funds to buy patterns so thought, maybe someone here might might point me to a free one? Thank you all so very much, Rachel
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-04-2014 at 11:18 AM.

Count your life by smiles, not tears. Count your age by friends, not years.

"I, myself, am entirely made of flaws, stitched together with good intentions."

I saw a tree skirt made with ties once that was really neat...don't really need a pattern for that one, just lots of ties!

Power Poster
    What kind are you looking for -pieced, applique.....? A labor intensive or just quick and easy?

Blog Entries
    I got one at JA's when the patterns were on sale for about $1. they are on sale now. I just did a snowy blue background and put cute snowmen appliqued on it in bright colors.
    good luck and show us what you do.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

I did mine from the "Happy Holidays" pattern by Atkinson Designs. There are actually 3 sizes in the pattern, I used the largest one for the tree skirt, the smallest one makes a nice candle mat.

Andi
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have made several of the skirts on the FaveQuilts web site. The patterns are clear. Good luck.
    Happy Quilting Grandma of 15, 3 Greats

Quote Originally Posted by TShooters View Post
    Thanks for sharing this link. So many choices! It's been Pinned.
    Take time to recharge your batteries. Itís hard to see where youíre going when your lights are dim. Robert H. Connelly

Happily buried in a heap of fabric in Indiana!
    Here's the link to 2 pages:
    http://www.allfreesewing.com/Tree-Skirts
    Sew, sew, it's the threads that keep love together :>} I love sunbonnet sue,old-fashioned things like 1950's or older housewife things, and like hankies,tea towels and aprons . Thanks to some lovely members on here I now have lots of aprons in my collection !!

Happily buried in a heap of fabric in Indiana!
    Sew, sew, it's the threads that keep love together :>} I love sunbonnet sue,old-fashioned things like 1950's or older housewife things, and like hankies,tea towels and aprons . Thanks to some lovely members on here I now have lots of aprons in my collection !!

Hey! I wasn't looking for tree skirt patterns - but - thanks to all of you and of course Rachel who started it I might have to change my mind! Next years gifts are stirring in my head.

BTY: when I give gifts about Christmas, I pass them out at Thanksgiving so they can enjoy them during the entire season.

Thank you to all, AndiR I love your tree skirt. I am expanding my ideas now, I have 4 kids and 11 grandchildren,
    Maybe if I find xmas fabric on clearances this year, by next year, I can give them each a tree skirt and matching xmas stockings. I am thinking kind of a patchwork for a couple of the kids and maybe something a little fancier for one. Etc.
    So many great ideas. Probably take me until next Christmas to get them all done. LOL

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Missouri Star Quilt Co has video!

Blog Entries
    A really nice one is made with diamond shape log cabin. You make 5 of these and when you put them together the make a star around the bottom of your tree. I made mine with taffeta and velvet and added a taffeta ruffle around the bottom. Will post a picture when I find one. Didn't have a pattern.
    Last edited by danlynmartin; 12-05-2014 at 05:12 PM. Reason: spelling

Blog Entries
    andir- your tree skirt is simply amazing. so pretty. almost to pretty to put under a tree. It's scrumptious. Quilting is amazing.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.