Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Looking for some change up projects >

Looking for some change up projects

Looking for some change up projects

Old 09-18-2016, 09:50 AM

Default Looking for some change up projects

I need a break from quilting for a bit. I have a few purse and totes patterns, but they're not calling to me right now.

What projects do you intersperse between your quilting projects?

Thanks!
Old 09-18-2016, 10:16 AM

Hmmm, I crochet scrubbies and give them away, go through closets and purge, make baby kits- bibs, burp rags, hats and booties to match any quilts. Read,
Old 09-18-2016, 12:03 PM
Power Poster

I'm making my gifts for my rec center quilting friends. I'm making quilted pod bags. I'm sure if you google them or go to yootube, you'll see lots of tutes. The zipper is easy to put i, so don't run from it. it takes about 6 x12" of fabric, some batt, interfacing and lining. THey are fun and make great gifts for just about anyone. I also do the POM type of bag, it takes a2 9 x 14 pieces of fabric and the same lining, stabilizer and batt. Quick and easy, and again, any zipper yo have can make it fun and funky. good luck.
Old 09-18-2016, 02:04 PM

I'm into embroidery right now. I have found several patterns that can be simply stitched and put into quilts later. I also take my square scraps and make placemats when I want to sew something and don't want to start a big project. It's perfect for that strip of batting that is left from sandwiching quilts.
Old 09-18-2016, 02:22 PM
Power Poster

I think I am going to do a couple of the different holiday candle mat from the link that was posted last week. I think it was from www.thimble-art.com by Ruth Jenson. I think I want to try the heart one for Valentine's Day.
Old 09-18-2016, 02:28 PM

I make doll clothes, clean and re-organize the sewing cave, run scraps thru the accuquilt go, Make small things like charity baby quilts, charity wheel chair quilts, and charity blocks for various causes.
Old 09-18-2016, 04:15 PM

When I need a break from quilting, I actually do housework! And the family is amazed.
Old 09-18-2016, 04:48 PM

Hmmm, Pam S, housework sounds like a really novel idea! When I get to doing that in that sewing room of mine, I quickly come up with another idea for another project. Before I know it, I'm splicing and piecing fabric.
Old 09-19-2016, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by Pam S View Post
When I need a break from quilting, I actually do housework! And the family is amazed.
Hey! I did that once, too! But I try not to make a habit out of it.
Old 09-19-2016, 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by thrums View Post
I need a break from quilting for a bit. I have a few purse and totes patterns, but they're not calling to me right now.

What projects do you intersperse between your quilting projects?

Thanks!
I have been making Box It Up boxes using scrap fabrics, pet screen and metal tape measures. Pattern is by Stitchin sisters. There are 3 sizes you can make. I also made quite a few Snap to It bags from Annies Quilting for the Home, (2016 special issue). These little bags (9 1/2 X 4 X 3") are made from a 10" square, contrasting fat quarter and a piece of metal tape measure. Lastly I made small bags (9" X 9") with zipper using a tutorial from MSQC. These are quick and simple to do. All of these make great little gifts when you need something quick and simple!