Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Looking for someone in England >

Looking for someone in England

Looking for someone in England

Old 01-23-2011, 05:53 AM

Is there anyone on forum that lives near Nutley, Uckfield, East Sussex, TN22. My grand daughters were just taken there by their father. Kidnapped. One is 16 and the other will be 14 next month. The 16 year old has been crying for days wanting to come home. They were tricked into going. They are allowed to visit, but my daughter is suppose to approve the visit, and custody paper spell out how, what, and when. We were unaware he had taken them from States. He doesn't have custody. We are trying to get law enforcement involved here. Have no idea what will happen. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 01-23-2011, 06:00 AM

What a scary situation. Will keep your family in my thoughts.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:08 AM

I'm so sorry and hope they are returned to your family soon.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:07 AM
Banned

The 16 year old would be considered an adult in the UK. She can go into a police station there and tell them what has happened. The emergency phone number there is 999
Old 01-23-2011, 08:10 AM

This is so sad. I will pray for their safe return home.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:52 AM
Power Poster

exactly Redhawk. she should go to the Police. that would hopefully get things started. or you should call the police there or get a lawyer to do it for you. get those wheels rolling!!
and i'd like to know how he got them out of the U.S.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:32 AM

In the divorce agreement, he was allowed to take them on vacation to england. He told my daughter his aunt was dying with cancer and well as telling the kids they were only visiting. My daughter allowed him to take kids for a "visit". We ask the attorney here about the visit turning into a perm. situation. He said there were agreements between US and UK that would get them back to us. ???
Old 01-23-2011, 09:36 AM

Just hit me as I sent message, 16 is considered an adult?? How scarey! If I understand correctly, her dad can't stop her from coming back if she wants to? Is this true, I'll get ticket for her. She can go or call police, and they can put her on a plane. ?????
Old 01-23-2011, 10:57 AM
Banned

Just talked to my partner who's a UK citizen and ex airport security (and whose father is retired police sergeant). As far as remembers as long as the 16 y.o. has her passport she can fly out without father's consent. Yes she's considered an adult but with some restrictions--ie can legally move out of house but can't get married without permission.

They're checking for a direct number to the local police there for you to explain the situation--will reply again asap.

If she can get to the airport she'd be better to have police with her or at least airport security personnel in case the father "kicks off" (starts something) on airport grounds.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:47 AM
Banned

sussex police 011 44 1273 475 432
surrey police 011 44 1483 571 212

Nutley doesn't have its own force--it's covered by Uckfield. Without a full address or post code don't know which station covers the area--thinks it's the sussex one.
DON'T use the 8458 number as it'll cost a fortune from the states.

May need to contact american embassy in the UK but police will know.

British airways also allows a 16 y.o. to act as temporary guardian for a younger sibling when flying if mother doesn't have her own passport. Good luck