Lost and Found

Old 08-30-2011, 07:35 AM

Went on vacation the week of July 4th. When we go away I have a ritual of hiding all spare keys to the cars and important papers. Have 3 places I always use for the keys. Well I guess these places weren't good enough. Found a fourth and can't remember! Have been going crazy!!!!!

I figure if I stop worrying about it will come to me! Well this morning I was making coffee and needed more sugar packets. And there were my keys!!! In the sugar packets! What was I thinking!

Has anything like this happen to you? Would love to hear!!!

Thanks, Sue
Old 08-30-2011, 07:37 AM

You were thinking - No one will ever look here! And you were right. Rofl.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:40 AM

I got so bad I started keeping a log of where I put things. Now I am looking for my log.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:40 AM

only every day!!

My SIL in hereited some very valuable jewelry from her mother.... she had it out getting it appraised and didnt have time to return it to the safety deposit box before leaving town. So she hid it...... she looked for months for it...... finially she filed an insurance report/police report/etc.... a little over a yr later she found the jewelry..... it was stuffed behind the extra toilet paper in the storage room.... LOL... she said crow tasted bad when she had to call the insurance company about the find, but the jewelry had such sentimental value to it... All was made right......The insurance conpany was very understanding about it..... thank goodness!
Old 08-30-2011, 07:41 AM

Yes it has...except I still can't find where that hiding place is...and the diamond earrings that I put there for "safe" keeping. :(
Old 08-30-2011, 07:45 AM

I put my Grannys pic negtives in a safe place 3 yrs ago and I still haven't found them, I guess I'll find them when my house is built and I move in.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:47 AM

I have a notebook in my purse, addresses and phone numbers - when I hide something I make a note in there.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:51 AM

I put stuff where I won't forget then.... I can't find them nor remember where I left them!!
Old 08-30-2011, 07:55 AM

Once, many years ago during a move, I locked 3 sets of keys in the car. We were moving from Pensacola Fl to San Jose California and this happened in Albuquerque while visiting friends. Called AAA and then hid a key on the outside of the car.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:06 AM

yes! My son gave me some beautiful saffire & diamond jackets for my diamond studs. I put them in a "safe" place until I went somewhere special. That was 7 yrs. ago and they are still lost and I never got to wear them. :-(