Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Lost quilt shop in Oklahoma City >

Lost quilt shop in Oklahoma City

Lost quilt shop in Oklahoma City

Old 11-10-2011, 10:18 AM

Default Lost quilt shop in Oklahoma City

Ok..There was a Joann's on the south side of OKC..SW 23 - SW 29 - SW 59(?) They have closed this store and I don't remember just what street it was on.
The reason I was looking for this Joann's is....down the street a couple of blocks on the north side, facing south, was a little hole in the wall fabric shop. He sold fabrics from store closings and such. The prices were great! Now I can't find it. Did anyone out there know the location of the south Joann's or the little store I'm talking about. If I just had a phone book that was about 6 years old or there about, I might be able to find it that way, but.
So, any help would be wonderful! Thanks.
Old 11-11-2011, 05:22 AM

Oh, I know what store you're talking about. Fabric Outlet. I tried to go there the other day only to find it closed. Told by a friend that the note on the door says they are closed because they have not paid their taxes. Anyway, it's just west of south Western and SW 59th. Haven't checked again, but I need to. The place is a mess, (as usual) and the last time I was there, I almost hyperventilated over all the dis-organization & mess. It was always this way, just seems to bother me more now. When I check the store, I'll let you know if it's open...maybe today.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:22 AM

Hey!!! Yes, that's it!! The reason I couldn't find it...it wasn't a Joann's, it was the Helen Enox fabric store. Told the DH, put on your shoes...ROAD TRIP!! Well..they are listed in the phone book, I guess I could call first. LOL Thanks for the help. Maybe I will see you there. HaHa.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:00 PM

Went by there today and it is completely empty. Bet that took awhile.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:26 PM

Oh no!!!! I tried calling the number that was listed for them. Phone just rang and rang. Tried to reverse look, but all said is in OKC. I knew that already. LOL Well darn. Loved going there. but what with 'life' hadden't been in a good long while.