Lunar Eclipse 2021

Old 05-18-2021, 06:28 AM

Default Lunar Eclipse 2021

Just a week or so away! Wednesday, May 26. But that's early morning Wednesday, so what most of us would consider Tuesday night.

Here's a page where you can get your local time:
https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/in/usa/seattle

I thought this was a good article, it answered most of my questions about what/how/why and whether I will see it -- in Seattle that always depends on cloud cover, and the long forecasts are not looking good for me! We are taking an overnight trip to Eastern Washington this same week, had we known in advance we would have spent this night out there instead of coming back home.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamieca...h=b5a3f1a27051
Old 05-18-2021, 08:46 AM

Well darn. Where I live, the moon will still be below the horizon so maximum cannot be seen. In fact, the info says we will see very little of any part of the eclipse. It says I have to go to a high spot with a clear view in the southwest portion of the sky. But, thanks for posting this.
Old 05-19-2021, 02:41 AM

Thank you, Iceblossom. That is a really informative site and so easy to navigate. I just popped in my city name and ta-da all of the info came up about what I will see, won't see, times and the why behind the visuals. Looking forward to waking to a partial eclipse.
Old 05-19-2021, 03:23 AM

Thanks for the site link. If I set my alarm for 4:30AM next Wednesday, I will see a partial eclipse.
Old 05-19-2021, 05:54 AM

Great site, Iceblossom! Only a partial eclipse for me until next year about the same time!
Old 05-21-2021, 05:27 AM

Darn, according to forecast, looks like clouds all over the state... so it goes! Could always change again in the next couple of days.

We will have a nice trip and timing is fine for what we want to do. The weather is just fine for that even if not for eclipse viewing. It's why we are going to Eastern Washington at this time of the year, to avoid both the freezing of winter and the heat of summer.
Old 05-21-2021, 05:46 AM

Thanks for the link. Very interesting info. It will be a partial where I am located. Wednesday 6 am. I’m often up at that time and even a partial can be fun to watch.
Old 05-22-2021, 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by Blueridgebeverly View Post
Thanks for the link. Very interesting info. It will be a partial where I am located. Wednesday 6 am. I’m often up at that time and even a partial can be fun to watch.
Same here for me.