Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Made me bust out laughing.... >

Made me bust out laughing....

Made me bust out laughing....

Old 03-09-2017, 07:31 PM

I had a similar incident happen with my son. He graduated from the same high school I did. His principal was my math teacher. As my son wanted to take chemistry as a sophomore and had to present grades to the chemistry teacher. As we are passing near the office the principal recognized me and asked me while we were at school. ( this was early summer right after school was out) I explained to him what was going on and he asked to see my sons grades. Principal is looking at them, rubbing his chin and says, "Hummm, I see you get much better grades than your mother did. I thought my son was going to collapse laughing. I really wanted to hurt the man. LOL
Old 03-10-2017, 04:03 AM

I knew it was time to "turn in my chalk" when one of my students told me that I had taught her grandfather. I guess "turning in my chalk" dates me enough anyway!! Ha! Ha! I don't even think kids know about chalk these days, do they?
Old 03-10-2017, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by DACO48 View Post
I had a similar incident happen with my son. He graduated from the same high school I did. His principal was my math teacher. As my son wanted to take chemistry as a sophomore and had to present grades to the chemistry teacher. As we are passing near the office the principal recognized me and asked me while we were at school. ( this was early summer right after school was out) I explained to him what was going on and he asked to see my sons grades. Principal is looking at them, rubbing his chin and says, "Hummm, I see you get much better grades than your mother did. I thought my son was going to collapse laughing. I really wanted to hurt the man. LOL

LOL Daco. Same here. My son's elementary school principal was my middle school gym teacher, and my chemistry teacher in high school also taught my son. When I went for parent teacher's conferences Mr. Wray recognized me right away and said....well kid....now I know where your sass comes from! At least he smiled when he said it....but my son has Never let me forget that, either! LOL good stuff.
Old 03-10-2017, 05:54 AM

This has happened to my husband several times. Pretty funny.
Old 03-10-2017, 06:13 AM

I was blessed to teach in the same neighborhood for over 30 years. The last year I taught I had the third generation from a family in the community. I decided to retire before I met the fourth!
Old 03-10-2017, 06:43 AM

Miss Knowles was my Dad's kindergarten teacher - my kindergarten teacher - and my oldest daughter's kindergarten teacher and we all just loved her!! and......she gave us all brown pencils for a Christmas present.....thanks for the memories - I haven't thought about her for years
Old 03-10-2017, 08:09 AM

My high school English teacher had been my Dad's English teacher 30 years before. He told me I'd love being in her class and he was right.
Old 03-10-2017, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by cathyvv View Post
He should also feel loved. If the Dad and his daughter took the time to seek him out just to tell him that he was their bus driver, that meant something good to both of them. Yay to your DH!
He obviously made a difference enough to be remembered by most.....................a huge compliment!
Old 03-10-2017, 09:37 AM
Power Poster

good story!
Old 03-10-2017, 11:38 AM

Tell Kevin that age is only a number. If he's been driving a bus for 30 years then he has the patience of a saint...plus he's had job security for 30 years.