Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Mail rec'd

Mail rec'd

Ordered a book, tales of First Ladies from QIAD last week...it was 1/2 price and no S&H...so could I pass it up...$12.47..... So it just came in the mail....in one of those bubble Manila colored large envelopes...opened to discover another bit smaller cardboard envelope - Priority Mail - opened that to find yet another bubble Priority Mail envelope...now I'm giggling.......opened that and FINALLY there it was - the book! Seemed a bit of overkill......someone was a bit preoccupied in their order filling dept......now to check out the book...watched her video prior to order...

Blog Entries
    ha, ha. i was wondering just how small the book would turn out to be. Great packing!

Blog Entries
    Just making sure it didn't get damaged in shipping. I hate it when the mailman bends my books and magazines.

Blog Entries
    I hate it when I complete and correct addressed letter or parcel is delivered to the wrong house two streets away If it is an Amazon parcel luckily it comes up delivered and I know I don't have it so I go for a walk. If normal letter no idea it has been delivered so others have to do the walking. I'm lucky that both houses my mail goes astray to are friends and bring it to me. I've complained reported etc and still it happens Only on Sunday no mail delivery day I received a letter from a neighbour. It's getting beyond a joke. Sorry for the rant, I feel better now.
    Finished is better than a UFO

Quote Originally Posted by quiltsRfun View Post
    Just making sure it didn't get damaged in shipping. I hate it when the mailman bends my books and magazines.
    I totally agree. It is nice to know there is a quilt store out there that will take the time to make sure your book arrives to you in mint condition.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Quote Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
    I totally agree. It is nice to know there is a quilt store out there that will take the time to make sure your book arrives to you in mint condition.
    never thought of it that way.....but then it's EB's son Orion, so I guess it makes sense .....

One of the mailmen is dyslexic, so everyone's mail goes astray. Often it gets sent back rather than being redelivered.

I hope you enjoy making the quilt as much as I did. It took me a while to get all the colors I needed, but I was glad I used many different ones. I think I ended up using over 30 different fabrics, but it gives the quilt such a nice look.