MailBox Found!

Old 01-23-2011, 06:55 PM

I talked to my sister today, in upper NY, and they have had 100" so far this year. I want to move there!
Old 01-23-2011, 07:16 PM

OHHHHH man that is why I live on the western slope of Colorado !! LOL we get snow but not anything like that !! thank goodness !! LOL
Old 01-23-2011, 08:43 PM

Glad we don't have that!!!
Old 01-23-2011, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by erstan947
Now that is serious snow! There is a reason I choose to live in Louisiana:)
Probably the same reason I choose to stay in California, despite its rare earthquakes & politics. lol
Old 01-23-2011, 11:22 PM

Goodness..piles and piles of more piles!
On the positive side, at least the weeds aren't sprouting yet...I see a green carpet in the rose bed and I dare not walk around the side of the house...

Here in the Pacific Northwest, Mother Nature's Menopause is making itself known....next week projected temps are in the 50's. Now, that's fine I suppose, but it's still January and I'd rather not have these extreme swings in the temps...it doesn't keep the people with colds at home where they really belong!
Old 01-24-2011, 01:45 PM

How much flooding along the Mississippi (and for the whole northeast, for that matter) do you suppose there will be this spring?
Old 01-24-2011, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by 2livesdown7togo
How much flooding along the Mississippi (and for the whole northeast, for that matter) do you suppose there will be this spring?
Send it all to New Mexico!!!!!
Old 01-24-2011, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by 2livesdown7togo
A lot I'm sure. I've always wondered why areas with piles of snow couldn't send it off to areas that need the water...for crops at least, or just for the plains.

Yes, I know about the concern over "contamination" and all that and I'm not really advocating use of oil/soot and whatever garbage might be in it from major cities, but out in the outskirts of the cities...or subdivisions.
Instead of letting it melt and create flooding, a lot of it could be relocated.
No, I guess for the short period of time it's around it wouldn't be worth the time AND money. Too bad we could have a "snow water pipeline". :wink: ;) :lol:
Old 01-26-2011, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Abby'smom
we have 2 seasons, cold and wet and hot and humid with few really pleasant days -- oh well, we could have snow and ice -- people around here can't even drive in the rain -- keep warm!
We are a few miles away, and I agree, but what we call "cold" is weather that's good for growing petunias and roses - about like May in Minnesota. I'd love to trade houses with that buried- mailbox guy in the summer!
Old 01-26-2011, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Rose_P
Originally Posted by Abby'smom
we have 2 seasons, cold and wet and hot and humid with few really pleasant days -- oh well, we could have snow and ice -- people around here can't even drive in the rain -- keep warm!
We are a few miles away, and I agree, but what we call "cold" is weather that's good for growing petunias and roses - about like May in Minnesota. I'd love to trade houses with that buried- mailbox guy in the summer!
I agree with you, I change in a heartbeat... cold and dry and WINDY here. Hot and dry and WINDY, 6 nice days a year.....yuk