Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Making a footstool

Making a footstool

Hi all,

I want to make a footstool using a panel I have that has four placemats. I'd make two blocks of the same size for the top and bottom.

I plan on filling with bean-bag beads.

My question is, I realize since it is a cube, and will be used, some stabilizer will need to be either ironed in or sewed on. How stiff do you think I should go? I want it comfy for the foot/ankles, so not too stiff, but I don't want the cube to roll into a ball/circle when used, either.

Thoughts?

Is this a ready-made one from a kit? Do you have a picture of what you want to make?

You could use the placemats for each side and use a coordinating fabric for the top piece.

You could make the footstool using a canvas or stiffer cloth and fill it with the beads, then make the exterior with whatever fabric/place mats you like. The interior cube will help the footstool to hold its shape.

Have you watched any how-to videos? I googled "how to make a cube footstool from fabric" and found a few that might give you some helpful hints.