Making money with quilting

Old 07-28-2011, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ
Originally Posted by LovinMySoldier
This is like the 4th posting I have seen today with this same basic topic idea. Sounds like everyone is looking to make a little cash :) good luck
I know, right? FWIW, they buy plasma locally for $50 for the first 2 donations, and then $25 for each subsequent donation. I may try my luck at that first.

(At least I'll have cash-in-hand to buy fabric!)
Just make sure you go twice a week. If you don't go the second time they can't use your donation and you get paid more the second time. My aunt donated plasma for a year + like 2 years ago. She used her plasma money every week to buy groceries for her family of 5. Worked for her.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:39 AM

I make and sell quilts but it is by special order only for the most part. I do have a few things that I make to place in local gift shops and they do very well especially at holiday time. I know that I will never get my "time" in money out of it but I charge a fair price and often get repeat orders. I also will hand quilt for those who have the top done and do the binding. I don't have a long arm and love to do the hand stitching.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:19 PM
Power Poster

before going into debt you need to make and sell a few quilts-
build up a customer base- when you are selling enough quilts to justify the investment of a long arm- you are on your way-
it will still take time-
if you have never sold a quilt before- chances are going into debt to try to is not going to be a good idea....like any in home business- it takes time...you can not just hang out a sign and expect to make a living you need to have an established customer base first.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ
This is like the 4th posting I have seen today with this same basic topic idea. Sounds like everyone is looking to make a little cash :) good luck
I know, right? FWIW, they buy plasma locally for $50 for the first 2 donations, and then $25 for each subsequent donation. I may try my luck at that first.

(At least I'll have cash-in-hand to buy fabric!)
Just make sure you go twice a week. If you don't go the second time they can't use your donation and you get paid more the second time. My aunt donated plasma for a year + like 2 years ago. She used her plasma money every week to buy groceries for her family of 5. Worked for her.
Really? Huh....wonder why that is! Thanks for the tip. I'm actually thinking about using it to go to Hawaii. :D :D :D