Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 11 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Mare update--to start a post

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Gypsy is very agitated tonight--crow hopping and swishing her tail and biting her sides. Her bag isn't as firm as I thought it might be and her milk's not that sticky...but that can change in a hurry. I have Kennedy on stand by and have alerted my kids... maybe maybe maybe tonight. :D

I wish you the best. Hope to hear soon on how she is doing.

Thinking nice, healthy foal for your Gypsy~ Karla.........will be watching for your next post. I love your new avatar(morning glorys are so pretty and am sure you took the pic.......you have a great gift for photography.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    She's settled a bit--and boy her back half isn't telling me she's ready... but we all know how that can go. :roll:

I'm here friend...phone is on and I will help post updates as I get them.... :)

Come on Gypsy!!

Hope it happens soon Karla and all is well.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Angie!! :D

Alaskan Lady--I did take the picture. :wink:

Gypsy is still biting at her sides, but her massive tail movement has settled.

Blog Entries
    Wishing you a quick, easy foaling Karla!!!! Come ON Gypsy!!!!! :D :D :D

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I changed their schedule at bit by letting them back out after dinner--it was so nice here. But she hasn't taken her nap yet--and she's usually had two by now...

Super Member mary quite contrary's Avatar
    Could someone post the link? Please & thank you.

there's no link...Karla's monitor os set up so she can see them on her tv...I will post updates if she texts me.....

Good luck Barnbum! Easy foalings coming up! It would be nice if they foal on your weekends. Make sure they get the memo.

Good Luck Gypsy and Karla. Waiting for results!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone!! So far she's still swishing, but it's calmer than before. She went down for a nap, but rolled and popped back up--which is a good sign... I just went out to clean poops and move her rubber bowl (toy). :roll:

Now I'll have to tea and watch some more. If it happens tonight--I think it'll be awhile... I must stay awake!! :shock: The smaller monitor has sound--so if I get sleepy I'll turn it up and rest where I can hear her move in the straw...

Banned
    Blog Entries
    This has to be stage 1 labor--the foal must be fluttering into place--then resting--whcih explains just how Gypsy is acting...

I'm so nervous!! I've read my foaling books--but I just don't want to have to use any of that emergency information!! I wish there was someone here watching with me... it will be hours from now if it happens...

Pray for my Gypsy girl, won't you?

Praying for Gypsy.
    First foal? for you and/or the mare?
    Just remember, these animals have been birthing and all that for thousands of years ... just as with humans ... with all the information you have been cramming into your head, you will be amazed at what you will know when to do it, how ..... good information in? Good information out.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Thanks omak! :D It's her 4th foal and the 5th one I will have assisted with... your reassurance helps.... I'd just like to take a nap...Gypsy is right now--I'm glad-- she must be exhausted....

Do horses do what cows do JUST before the calf comes? My SIL showed me - - their nipples (with a cow, of course, the front ones) point straight out!
    A cow can bag up (as my current heifer is proving) two months before they calve ... or they can wait until just hours before the calf arrives... but the teats! That is proving to be a VERY good indicator ...

Blog Entries
    Keeping good thoughts and prayers for Gypsy and you Karla! I sure hope that tonight is the night!!! :D :D :D

Oh Karla....I sure hope there's a foal tonight! I'm praying and hoping!!!

COME ON GYPSY!!!!

Blog Entries
    Karla, here's prayers for Gypsy and for you! Even EmmaLee will get into the act!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    It's 3:15 AM-her actions to make me hope have passed... I'm headed out to let the fillies out of a stall I confined them in... and check her. I'm doubting it's tonight... sigh.... heavy sigh... I need to sleep.
    Gosh--I made it back in time to edit. The mares are both making progress, but I guess just not enough.... I cleaned three stalls and gave them a handful of hay... maybe tomorrow? Oh wait--it is tomorrow. :roll:

Thanks for your prayers... they're good for a few days, yes? :wink:

Will keep those prayers coming until the foal is here. This is so exciting. I've seen this on Animal Planet (love that channel) but it must be sooooo incredible to actually see it in person--especially when it's your own baby you're waiting for.

Good luck Karla and best wishes for a successful birthing.

Fingers crossed....today would be good right...let's wrap this up before we are back to work LOL.

I checkend in w/ the 'puter at 12:30 and 3:30 just to make sure I didnt miss anything. ;)

Page 1 of 11 1 2 ... LastLast