Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Marshmallow Peeps

I love marshmallow peeps, only the yellow ones. For some reason, the other colors taste different. I don't know of anyone else that likes the peeps. When I buy them and friends are around they gag, say they are too sweet to eat. What? No such thing as too sweet?
    Yesterday, I saw and bought chocolate covered peeps. They, too, are good but in a different way. When I think of Easter peeps, I want yellow peeps. I don't care for the marshmallow bunnies or anything else, just peeps.
    Does anyone else like peeps?

Blog Entries
    YUCKY!! I love almost all candy, but just cannot put those to my lips! LOL

Peep peep peeps! My daughter and I LOVE them. But I try to only buy one pack at a time. They are worse than potato chips...you can't eat just one! :D

Not me but a friend stocks up on them opens the packages and lets them get hard!

I tried the chocolate covered ones at Halloween. No more.

Yellow bunnies - not pink - are the best!

I totally understand what you are talking about.......Weather it be bring back memories...but a peep isn't a peep if it isn't soft and YELLOW!!!! lol lol lol

a regular here
    They taste nasty to me, like eating pure sugar.

Never really cared for them, I'm all about jelly beans and cadbury cream eggs

I laugh every time I see Peeps. When we were in the Army we arrived at Ft. Ord ,Ca the end of March. (Me, hubs and 3 kids). Our quarters weren't going to be ready for a couple of weeks, so we decided to just stay in the campground in our tent. All was well until the Monsoons arrived. After a few days of it we went shopping one afternoon and realized that Easter was the next day. All that was left for Easter Candy was Peeps. We did the best we could hiding them in the tent...however, the tent had had enough and decided to leak around the edges......Peeps are pretty nasty when they have been dripped on all night.

Not a big fan of Peeps. But have great fun putting them in the microwave and watching them blow up to enormous distorted blobs. :lol:

My sister and I use to buy them, and drive around in our car until they were all gone...we'd have to hide the evidence before we got home...and wipe all the sugar off our face...LOL

I prefer the YELLOW too..and only like the Easter peeps too. The ones the make for every other holiday don't taste the same to me.

Quote Originally Posted by pennijanine
    YUCKY!! I love almost all candy, but just cannot put those to my lips! LOL
    I'll join this bunch! They rank at the bottom of my list with plain jello and marshmellows! Just hate (yes, hate) the texture!!!!! My daughter can't believe I'll only eat one s'mores when she makes them.

I have always liked them. My kids hate them except DD likes to put them in the microwave and watch them blow up. LOL

Blog Entries
    My husband LOVES them! Strange because he doesn't like most sweets! They disgust me - too sweet and hate the texture!

Banned
    I'm a chocoholic, so if it isn't chocolate, it isn't worth the calories to me - LOL Besides, those colorful little marshmallow chicks and peeps are way too cute to bite their little heads off! :mrgreen:

Oh i love Yellow peeps, i bring them home, open the pkg and let them get hard (sometimes) before i eat them. You are right the other colors don't taste right. Have not tried the chocolate ones.

LOL, our kids always blow them up in the microwave too!

hmmmmm, nope never could get past the Peeps texture. Too strange on my tongue. But they sure are popular to others.

I love them stale I buy them poke holes in them and leave them Luckily the whole family does not like them I agree with you about taste I think they flavor the sugar :)

I can't stand marshmallows, or candy corn. Yuk!! LOL

I love Peeps and I buy them every Easter, put them in all baskets for kids and grandkids. They all hate them, give them to me. WIN WIN

My DH goes nuts every spring for PEEPS. I always said they must be yucky. Last fall they had white ones (ghosts) for Halloween. I ate one...................I'm hooked now!!!! :mrgreen:

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneG
    ... those colorful little marshmallow chicks and peeps are way too cute to bite their little heads off! :mrgreen:
    Someone opened a package in the store, there on the shelve was a peep with it's head pinched off.

Glad to know that I am not the only peep person here. I like them stale, as well. Buy two packages, open one and let them get hard and eat one fresh. I don't want any Halloween Ghost, Thanksgiving Turkeys, Christmas Trees, Valentine Hearts, or any other marshamallowy things they make, just yellow peeps.

Blog Entries
    i don't care for them but hubby does and he likes them straight from the freezer

What is Easter and spring without yellow Peeps.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast