Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
It may be time to quit fussing.... >

It may be time to quit fussing....

It may be time to quit fussing....

Old 11-04-2011, 11:01 AM

Change is hard, but without change there is no progress. Everytime I log in I find something else that makes it a little easier. Everybody just needs to calm down, take it in baby steps. We need to remember that there are actual people on the other end of the messages that have feelings and they are trying to do the best they can. Thanks to all of the QB members who are trying to help and fix things to make it easier for all of us.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:05 AM

The nice thing is that people just jump in and help others when they get stuck. That is the number one reason I LOVE this forum. Because of the people. Thanks to all of you.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:07 AM

We all have to remember, when we first joined the board, the old way was a bit confusing to the newcomers. It took me awhile to get around the board. I probably didn't find all the good places to be. So, now we just have to start fresh again. Each day seems much easier.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae View Post
Go to the Home page
Scroll way down, almost to the bottom and click on
User-Defined Topic Lists and Tags
You can also click on View Tag Cloud at the bottom of any page
Old 11-04-2011, 11:19 AM

We'll get the hang of it eventually. I keep learning something new from tips that others post and by just moving around here. As Lori S mentioned - it's still free.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:20 AM

i well realize that change just takes getting used to. however, some of these changes have made things more difficult than they were. it now takes several clicks to do what used to take only one. other than that, i will muddle through once i find where things are.

personally don't need all the blog, tweet, facebook, etc. things in my life, but realize that some do; so i can choose to ignore the "new fangled" things and just use the stuff that i need.

i suppose some of these changes are the natural outcome of the growth of the board.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:21 AM

I agree: stop the griping. It's a time to put on big-girl (or boy) panties on and deal!

Yes, it is a big change and I sure haven't managed to figure everything out yet, but to be completely honest the thing I'm finding most frustrating right now is all the individual threads complaining about the board - I'm here to hear about quilting and chit-chat, bring it on!!! :-)

Last edited by Panchita; 11-04-2011 at 11:22 AM. Reason: font size
Old 11-04-2011, 12:08 PM

I'm slowing learning my way around. Does anybody else have trouble with pictures downloading slowly??
Old 11-04-2011, 12:12 PM

I've pretty much decided that I'll be using the board mostly as a springboard to the chat room. Just don't feel like spending forever sorting through possible threads that might be interesting. Still like to look at pictures, though. Time will tell.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Lori S View Post
Just my two cents . Lots of things change . I loved my first car , but am greatful I don't have to drive it anymore... and I paid for it! There are many upgrades here .. any I never paid for one of them ! Still a great bargain.
LOL Yup, all free!