Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl! >

May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

Old 05-25-2011, 03:55 AM

Good morning all,

I only managed four loads of dirt yesterday as on my last trip, I got a call from a friend who wanted me to meet her for lunch. It was a tough choice, manual labor or chatting with a friend. (I was good, only a salad and tea!)

Since I was out and about, I did a little shopping, ran some errands and got my haircut finally. While doing that, I may have lined up a potential client for another photo shoot! WooHoo! I really need to consider printing out some business cards, as I had to write my info on the back of my receipt. This would be an awesome client to have just on the amount of word-of-mouth she could generate for me.

The downsides of my day is #1 the window mechanism of my drivers side decided to quit My window has fallen and she can't get up! As I'm supposed to be driving to Missouri on Friday, this is not good. Trying to see if I can get it fixed in this short of time without having to sell body parts. If not, I can borrow my sister's truck. (gas hog!)
The other thing, that very nearly brought me to tears, was that I got a call that I might not be getting my girls. Left me hanging for an hour before it was cleared up!

All in all it was a good day!

Water intake =only an A as I don't think I drank as much as I have been. Still did good though!

Exercise= My five mile walk + hauling dirt was exercise enough, but if I add in all the other activities/exercises I did, I did awesome!

Food= No sodas, no junk food! Had lemons for dessert instead of the ice cream I usually treat myself to on my bday. (I don't like cake, but ice cream is my vice)

Hopefully today will be as good of a day. Fixing to head out for my walk. Sis wants me to hang out with her to do some shopping for kid friendly food for my girls. If I can stick to healthy choices while we are out today and on the trip to get the girls, this month should be a good starting point for a new healthy living life.

In about 60 hrs, I'll have my girls!!
Old 05-25-2011, 05:23 AM

Just checking in before we leave for the day. I was hoping to see a last minute update on Missy but I'm sure she is very busy. I will be keeping her in my thoughts and prayers today.

We all went out to dinner for my b-day last night since I will be gone all day today. We ate late because my daughter didn't get off of work till later. So that wasn't so good and the resturant didn't really have anything healthy but I saved half for another day. Last night combined with todays plans are not going to be in the best interest of my plans. LOL! But I think we are all going to have days like this. Sometimes life gets just has other plans! I am going to relax and just enjoy the day and not get upset about it.

Take care and have a good day everyone.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:01 AM

Happy Birthday Ritas Mom. I hope you have a wonderful day full of sunshine, laughter and much love!!!! Birthday hugs for you.

Hello all. I am out of the funk I was in yesterday, and managed to NOT overeat during the funk. Yesterday at PT, my bend angle of my knee was 93 degrees. yeah!!!!! No need to have manipulation procedure now. Went to Dr this AM, he confirmed no need for manipulaion. He is not releasing me to drive yet. Hopefully by next week, as I plan to hit the road Sat June 4, heading to FL for my oldest DGD high school graduation. If I can't drive, I will fly, but I WILL be there.

I hope you all have a good day of making healthy choices. I'm so proud of all of you that are moving about and exercising. Kudos to all of you, and to those that are eating healthier. Hugs to all, Sandy
Old 05-25-2011, 11:11 AM

Hello everybody.

Congratulations Sandy - it's great you don't have to have that procedure done.

Happy Birthday Rita's mom.

So far my day is going fairly well. I went to my water aerobics class for an hour and followed that up with a brisk half hour walk with a friend. I ate more at lunch than I should have but think I will still be under my calories for the day.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:22 PM

Happy birthday, Rita'smom. Have a healthy calm year.

My house is trashed. One of those it will get worse before it gets better. I bought a small TV so I could pull the entertainment center out of the family room and get the sewing mess out of my living room. Sounds good in theory, but in practice, there's all the 'stuff' from the entertainment center to be dealt with. Books, candles, decorative bowls, VCR, DVD, the big TV, etc. My son helped make the mess, but had to leave, so now I'm looking at it wondering where to start. G-r-r. I don't think well in messy situations.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:13 PM

Irish, I am the same way. Clutter/chaos shuts off my brain. Gotta have things organized before I can mess it up again.

Sandy, that is great news girl. How has your weight loss progressed this month?

Happy Birthday Ritasmom!!!!!

deedee, congrats on new business. I would say business cards would be a plus.

I pray you are all safe. Bad weather is hammering again tonight.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:54 PM

I have to say....I have never been so grateful for getting distracted! This morning I was about to head out on my walk as the weather was good and the sun was out. Got distracted and didn't head out. less than half an hour later it was pouring, as in nearly flooding the streets pouring! Had I been on my walk, I'd have been somewhere around 3 miles out with no way back but to keep walking in the rain. I would have been drenched!
Needless to say, I chose to use my dreaded elliptical machine instead of walk. Hate it! It's so boring. I did buy a yoga mat at a yard sale to put under the machine so now it doesn't travel across the floor making marks anymore.

Window of my car decided to go ka-put so I had to take it in to get it fixed as windows are very important in rainstorms. No estimate on how long it will be as the part has to be ordered. My niece had to bring me home so I'm possibly stuck at home until I go get my girls on Friday. Since it's supposed to rain all day tomorrow, I'll be stuck in the house so perhaps I can make some headway on my material organization and storage. It drives me nuts when my stuff is a mess!

Today's scores:

Water- not too good. Stuck in my Sister's car, I did not have access to a lot of water once I finished what I had brought with me.

Food- Sis chose for us to have pizza to go, so no salad was available. Stuck to only two slices, which was good since I was starving.

Exercise- ehh.... used the elliptical, but I think walking gives me a better workout. Although, it gives me more mental motivation, I guess. There's a mirror hanging on the wall to the side of it, so I see my reflection as I do my workout. Not a good sight to see, but it kept me on the machine for the full workout.

Got some kid friendly goodies for the girls today so now there is junk food in my house!!!! Acckkkkk!
Old 05-26-2011, 02:48 AM

Please Remember Missy,as her surgery is at 6:am this morning. Tomorrow {friday}she will be coming home,if all goes well.Even tho it's minor surgery,things still can happen.I think all and /or any surgery is serious.Especially when going under.We wish you the best Missy,and may god be with you and give you safe passage through this surgery.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:20 AM

Good morning!
This is going to be a great day!
Say it!
Believe it!

We will accomplish today what we could not do yesterday...whether it be through time constraints, energy, attitude or just plain bull-headedness, TODAY we will be successful!

Remember Missy today...but my prayers are with all of you, I pray for your healthy success.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:56 AM

Hello everyone- I have been thinking about Missy & her surgery...am anxious to hear how she is doing.

I lost 1.4 lb this week so that brings my total to 4.4 for the month- still a little time to go so I hope to hit 5 lbs. I am not in the running for the prize as I jumped in too late but I have gotten a lot of motivation from you all here. I don't comment a whole lot, but check in every day to see how everyone is doiig!