Mazie

Old 04-25-2009, 05:11 AM

Sigh--it's going to be so unseasonably warm today--80. The bugs are out! :? I can't spray the baby, of course, or her mama. Hopefully the wind will keep them at bay.

Mazie has been running all over this morning--in the whole front pasture. Gypsy is keeping up! :D Poor mama will stop to get a drink or munch some hay--and there goes Mazie again! She's finally napping--and right in the shade next to the hay and water. Thank goodness--Gypsy will not leave her side until she's up. Chloe is in the pasture with them now--that always goes smoothly. I have to introduce Mazie to the electric fence--so she learns to stay away... but not today. The first shock will send them through or back--and I need another person here in case she goes through. That doesn't usually happen.

Here are a few more pics from yesterday-- I took 177--deleted about 100 because so many looked alike. This baby is not yet 3 full days old and there are over 300 pictures of her--see why having foals is so much work! :roll: :lol:

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...m/IMG_8653.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...m/IMG_8654.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...m/IMG_8792.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...m/IMG_8645.jpg[/img]

She won't need her blanket anymore. And Bev--you described it perfectly--her coat IS soft as a rabbit's.
Old 04-25-2009, 05:20 AM

Oh Karla! She is so cute! Look at that little tongue! She's sticking it out for the camera! lol

I'm thinking Gypsy has her "hooves" full with this one. lol
Old 04-25-2009, 06:04 AM

Karla, those pictures are worth a thousand words!!! So cute. Asked DH if he wanted a farm.... lol we are too old to start now.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:13 AM

Okay, I know it is rude to invite yourself over, but ... could I bring Jill over sometime, Karla? I've been trying not to invite myself, new moms need their space and all, but... Well you keep posting those darned cute pictures!
Old 04-25-2009, 06:16 AM

Can you swing by and pick me up on your way???
I'll be waiting! I'll even share some of my stash with you if you do! :)

I surely cannot wait until next year. I'm making a beeline for the northern states, namely NY and OH. Gotta, GOTTA go see the minis!!! :) :) :)
Old 04-25-2009, 06:18 AM

Thank you sew much for sharing. :lol: This is a new baby that I missed while my computer was down? Thankfully the weather will be nice for a bit, but we too are going from cool to HOT, yesterday we got to 90! Wonder where Spring went! :?
Old 04-25-2009, 06:24 AM

Robin--I believe I have at least three students' families bringing them over this weekend--and my in-laws... :wink: I love showing the new foals off! That's part of the fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One weekend last time I had 17 visitors.

I've told them all they most likely can't touch her--all depends on Gypsy--but they're willing to just look.

So--OF COURSE you can come!! :D I need to get a shower, grab some groceries and buy some foal feed... but the shopping will be later. Give me a call and we'll work out a time... I'm here all but 2 hours today.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:21 AM

It wouldn't be until later anyhow... Jillian, like her dad, is a night owl. I didn't go to bed until midnight & they were still up. He's up, but she is still asleep. And I've got to go to the grocery store, so maybe sometime this afternoon. Tomorrow is out, I'm taking a class for "The Professional Tote," and have to leave about 8:30 AM.

I just came in from filling bird feeders. It is HOT out! already about 82 here, it's crazy. I really, really hope this is not a hint of how the summer will be, I don't do heat. Never liked it and now that I'm in my late 40's... Well, let's just say I produce enough heat of my own at odd times.

For distant chatters - Upstate NY is beautiful, but the weather... Well, we have six months of winter, give or take, spring is unpredictable but pretty. Right now, after months of grey, the green is brilliant! Soon it'll be the prettiest blue skies with high humidity. Then autumn. Absolutely no place is prettier in the autumn. Of course, there are other high-draw items - like Karla & her darlings, and the fabulous fabric shops.

Okay, I know I'm being mean trying to make you all jealous... :mrgreen:

I'm hoping to maybe have a picture or two to post later on!
Old 04-25-2009, 07:27 AM

Goodness--first I'm running out to the barn to check udders--now I'm running out for foal checks. I'm always running!! :roll:

Robin--I'll be here this afternoon...I'd LOVE to see you!! :D :D :D Mark chatted with Tom this week--forgot where they saw each other.

Mark's mowing lawn--can you believe that??

There's a good breeze to keep the bugs off at least.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:55 AM

All creatures great and small,
All things bright and beautiful,
All creatures wise and wonderful,
The good Lord made them all. :)