medicine

Old 12-16-2010, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by TN Donna
My husband is ordering my medicine this morning. He said he would not go to the doctor on Friday unless I do and he is as stubborn as me; no more stubborn than me. I do need the medicine but I feel guilty becasue I do not work anymore and I have been denied my Social Security 4 times. I can not even stand long enough to cook a meal or wash dishes.I have a guilt reflex and I can buy for anyone else or the house but not me. Do I make sense?
Hi Donna, try the link below, the user carhop posted this, may be you can find help there too.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-83263-1.htm
Old 12-16-2010, 09:07 PM

Took me 2 years to get SSD. I was denied most of my back pay due to not seeing a specific doctor, even tho I had many health issues, many tests, surgeries & had seen several doctors. What SS wants is a paper trail that you have done everything to remedy your health problems. Very few get approved without a lawyer. SS sets a percentage that the lawyer gets from your back pay. The lawyer is only allowed to charge you for phone calls & copies. I saved myself the inflated legal charges for those by getting my own copies & giving them to my lawyer. The SS judge offered to cut me a deal....instant SS, but loose all but 4 months of my back pay. That was a good chunk of change to loose, but if I had not taken the deal I would have to wait another year & also be denied back pay anyway. Don't give up, but do get a lawyer, copies of all your medical records & medications.