Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
The Midnight Club...For People That Can't Sleep  :-) >

The Midnight Club...For People That Can't Sleep :-)

The Midnight Club...For People That Can't Sleep :-)

Old 07-13-2010, 05:47 PM
Power Poster

I usually go to bed around 2am and am up around 10 or 11 depending on how late I went to bed. I have to get up around 8am in the morning so that means I have to go to bed early tonight. At least by midnight. That is so hard to do when I am used to staying up.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:25 PM

I'm up at all hours with or with sleeping pills. I sleep a few hours and up a few. I can't sleep for anything period. The Dr. says it's the depression and other things keeping me up. He say sleep sleep you need to sleep to feel better. Duh! I just come on here where I have company. I thank all you night-owls out there that are keeping me sane.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:56 PM

Any one there --what kind of iron do you use? I just opened my new oliso iron and I already love it.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:08 PM

Hello all. I haven't checked in with the Midnight Club lately, but I'm still here. Just found out I need to almost totally deconstruct a flannel quilt I'm making for oldest DD. Found out she wants it as heavy as ones I made last Christmas - two flannel layers with batting. I didn't put batting in this one!!!!!! Of course, I wasn't smart enough to think about asking her until I'm sewing the binding on and realize I'm having trouble not going through to the front with the hand stitching and wondering why. Then I think, "Did I put batting in those other flannel quilts?" Answer is Yes. It really sucks getting old and not being able to remember things like that!! Guess I'm going to have to start writing everything down like my DH does. I'm not looking forward to this job at all. Any sympathy out there at 1:08 am eastern time?
Old 07-13-2010, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Linda B
Hello all. I haven't checked in with the Midnight Club lately, but I'm still here. Just found out I need to almost totally deconstruct a flannel quilt I'm making for oldest DD. Found out she wants it as heavy as ones I made last Christmas - two flannel layers with batting. I didn't put batting in this one!!!!!! Of course, I wasn't smart enough to think about asking her until I'm sewing the binding on and realize I'm having trouble not going through to the front with the hand stitching and wondering why. Then I think, "Did I put batting in those other flannel quilts?" Answer is Yes. It really sucks getting old and not being able to remember things like that!! Guess I'm going to have to start writing everything down like my DH does. I'm not looking forward to this job at all. Any sympathy out there at 1:08 am eastern time?
I am in the next state over. you need any help?My daughter lives in Knoxville.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:30 PM

Hey LindaB I'm thinking of doing the same with a trip around the world quilt I did a while back. Just don;t like the way it turned out and the color is not right for the bedroom. I sure don't want to paint the room either. So thats on my list of things to do. After I finish the quilt for a dear friend who just moved to a new house that is.
It's 11:30 and I'm wide awake. Think I'll check out some other posts here and work on a design for the backing on my friends quilt.
Ya all take care talk to you tomorrow.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Linda B
I don't think I would take it apart. I would just finish it and then make another quilt for her. All that picking and pulling, you might get pieces stretched and distorted. 2 layers of flannel is a nice lighter weight quilt to use in the Spring, Summer and early Fall.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by reach for the stars 2
I'm up at all hours with or with sleeping pills. I sleep a few hours and up a few. I can't sleep for anything period. The Dr. says it's the depression and other things keeping me up. He say sleep sleep you need to sleep to feel better. Duh! I just come on here where I have company. I thank all you night-owls out there that are keeping me sane.
Since I have no idea about your depression, but I do know about not being able to sleep. It sort of sounds like you need a different kind of help than this doctor is able to give you. I'm finding that talking with my counselor, my psychiatrist, and keeping a journal really helpful. I actually have 2 journals - one for talking about the memories and the other is my gratitude journal.

The only other advice is...start enjoying your time awake. Watch old movies, bake treats for your kids, work on a craft you need lots of time to do (scrapbooking) or whatever you do that needs lots of room to spread out.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:22 PM

Well, I guess you can call me a night owl also, it's 3:15 am and I'm still up. I don't have any chronic pains, but have been a night hawk for many years.I do wake up in the morning with a back ache.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:34 PM

Gee is everyone sleeping like "normal" folks. No one has posted for a few days now. It's 11:30 in hot So Cal and not tired. Been up since 6:30 this morning and going all day. Just can't slow down and get sleepy.
Whats up with you all?