Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Mindset just to sew on Thanksgiving has to change. >

Mindset just to sew on Thanksgiving has to change.

Mindset just to sew on Thanksgiving has to change.

Old 11-29-2013, 05:15 PM

The time will come when you and I and all the rest of us have to pass on the hosting of Holiday Meals. You will miss the hubbub, and I will too, so I am enjoying every one of these family get togethers that I can Someday they will be picking me up so I can be there with them.
Old 11-29-2013, 08:13 PM

We had Thanksgiving at my cabin in the woods. Almost everyone was here. But I did very little of the cooking and actually did a bit of sewing in the morning (machine stitching binding to Thanksgiving table runner). Even managed to escape most of the cleanup as well! Grown up children can be wonderful!!!!
Old 11-30-2013, 01:52 AM

Our children were not able to get in for TG, so DH and I decided to go to my brothers for the holiday- 200 miles away. We had not spent TG together for many years, as we are normaly with our own children. He is single now, and will be leaving next week to go to his youngest daughter's in Houston for a few months. I have a wedding quilt I desperately need to get finished for Mon. (wedding day), so I took my sewing machine and quilt with me.
We weren't having the trad. turkey, but chose to do steak/baked potatoes etc. I was able to get most of the quilting done on the quilt, and plan to finish it over the weekend. We had a great time, and a beautiful visit. DH and DB didn't seem to mind my sewing while we visited. But I agree with others, family time is always great and one never knows when that will be the last time to see each other. Had a beautiful phone message on answering machine when we arrived home Friday evening from our DS telling us he couldn't get through on cell phone, but wished us a happy TG and that he loved us, would be working until midnight on Fri. (he's in retail), and would call on Sat. So all worked out great! Take time to be with family whether a holiday or not, because one can never get those days back again!!Let's face it, we are all getting older folks and lives can change in an instant, and loved ones can be gone forever so spend as much time as possible with your family and loved ones. Hope everyone had a great time.