Money donations

Old 12-22-2010, 01:56 PM
Power Poster

I checked this out as much as I could and didn't find any thing online that indicated this was not true. Some sites say it's outdated and actually the salaries of most have increased way more except for Salvation Army and Shriners. Think with you head instead of your heart and make a real difference to those that need it.

Keep these facts in mind when "Donating."

As you open your pockets for yet another natural disaster, keep these facts in mind:

President and CEO of the American Red Cross~~~Salary for year ending 06/30/03 was $651,957 plus expenses.
(That's $74.42 an hour For EVERY hour of EVERY day.)

President of the United Way~~~receives a $375,000 base salary, plus numerous expense benefits.
(That's $42.80 an hour for EVERY Hour of EVERY day.)

UNICEF CEO~~~receives $1,200,000 per year plus all expenses and a ROLLS ROYCE car where ever he goes and only cents of your dollar goes to the cause.

(That's $1369.86 an hour for EVERY hour of EVERY day.)

The Salvation Army's Commissioner receives a salary of only $13,000 per year (plus housing) for managing this $2 billion dollar organization.

The Shriner's collect money for the Shriner's Hospital for children and Shriner's Hospital patients Fund and collect NO fees for doing so, All money raised goes to the Hospital and transportation to get patients to the hospital.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:58 PM
Power Poster

It sure does pay to look into the different charities :wink:
Old 12-22-2010, 02:26 PM

Just a wee bit sad, but am glad some good hearted people out there not taking advantage of a situation where so many can benefit.

Something to keep an eye on. Thanks for the info.
Old 12-22-2010, 02:27 PM

Thanks for the eye opener!
Old 12-22-2010, 02:33 PM

sally army is allways there when needed
Old 12-22-2010, 03:06 PM

We use to have money taken out of our paycheck - this is dating way back...20 years plus. There was an article from the paper stating how much the employees made, which we would never make in a life time...it made us ill....now we stick with giving item that are needed.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:16 PM
Banned

The sally army and red cross are always there, but red cross gets a good paycheck too.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I checked this out as much as I could and didn't find any thing online that indicated this was not true. Some sites say it's outdated and actually the salaries of most have increased way more except for Salvation Army and Shriners. Think with you head instead of your heart and make a real difference to those that need it.

Keep these facts in mind when "Donating."

As you open your pockets for yet another natural disaster, keep these facts in mind:

President and CEO of the American Red Cross~~~Salary for year ending 06/30/03 was $651,957 plus expenses.
(That's $74.42 an hour For EVERY hour of EVERY day.)

President of the United Way~~~receives a $375,000 base salary, plus numerous expense benefits.
(That's $42.80 an hour for EVERY Hour of EVERY day.)

UNICEF CEO~~~receives $1,200,000 per year plus all expenses and a ROLLS ROYCE car where ever he goes and only cents of your dollar goes to the cause.

(That's $1369.86 an hour for EVERY hour of EVERY day.)

The Salvation Army's Commissioner receives a salary of only $13,000 per year (plus housing) for managing this $2 billion dollar organization.

The Shriner's collect money for the Shriner's Hospital for children and Shriner's Hospital patients Fund and collect NO fees for doing so, All money raised goes to the Hospital and transportation to get patients to the hospital.
My cousin worked for one of the biggest childrens charities and resigned when she realised just how much was going into salaries and overheads, for the bigger ones it is sometimes nearer 85% that is worldwide, so now I will only give to smaller or local ones or such a Sally Army, I take care where I give my charity stuff for sale too and where I buy from.. I realise people need to be paid, but this is way over the amount someone in a comparable private company gets.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:58 PM
Power Poster

The SPCA is very bad about not giving local chapters any money. Their salaries are way above normal, in the millions of dollars range from one report that was in a newspaper article. The local Humane Society in your town is the way to help take care of dogs and cats. I would never give SPCA a penny.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:59 PM

there is a great website called Charity Navigator where you can find all kinds of facts on your favorite charity, including CEO's salary.
However, let's not forget these are some HUGE organizations. You are not going to get a college intern to run them for $25,000 a year. And some of them do a lot of good. The SA is a religious organization thus the small salary.
PS - the ones that call you on the phone --fuhgeddaboutit -- almost ALL the money they raise goes to "overhead".