Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: More knitting for grandbabies

More knitting for grandbabies

Just finished this little bobble cardigan for my April grandbaby... and the little bear for my Feb. grandbaby, who is due today, but hasn't shown up yet!

Name:  IMG_4783.JPG
Views: 432
Size:  182.2 KB

Name:  IMG_4787.JPG
Views: 434
Size:  138.6 KB
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Aww, such great projects! SBG, you do beautiful work!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Beautiful projects. They will be much loved!

Such cute knits! That cardigan looks very complicated! I've never tried bobbles but can imagine on something so fine as a baby sweater it must be pretty tricky.

I've been thinking every day about your first grandbaby. Be sure to let us know when she arrives! I'm praying for a safe and happy birth. Who knows, tomorrow could be the Big Day!
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

Thank you ladies!

NZ, the bobbles aren't too bad. To make one you knit, purl, knit, purl in the same stitch. Then you turn and purl back on those 4 sts, turn and knit those 4, turn and p2tog twice, and turn and k2tog, then continue the rest of the row. You end up with one st again by the time you are done bobbling. Once you get it down, it's not bad. But yikes! There are 69 bobbles on the front of that little sweater! The sleeves and back were just easy stockinette.

Thank you for keeping my first grandbaby in your thoughts! I hope tomorrow IS the big day!
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html

Power Poster
    ​Lovely sweater and sweet teddy!

WHat a beautiful cardigan and darling bear. I am in awe of your talent. Knitting is something I could never get the hang of.

You must be on "pins and needles" (LOL) waiting for your granddaughter to show up! How close do you live to the babies?

Quote Originally Posted by zozee View Post
    WHat a beautiful cardigan and darling bear. I am in awe of your talent. Knitting is something I could never get the hang of.

You must be on "pins and needles" (LOL) waiting for your granddaughter to show up! How close do you live to the babies?
    Thank you! I am 3.5 hours away from where my kids live. I will be hitting the road as soon as I get word!

Blog Entries
    those are adorable and well done
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Just adorable!! You must be so excited!!!! Wishing you and your family all the best.

Those are special treasures for the grand-babies. Nothing like a grandma snuggle with the new arrival. Best wishes for all!

Wow SBG, how adorable that bear is and the sweater is beautiful! You are so talented, your quilting and knitting is always done to perfection!

Quote Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
    Thank you ladies!

NZ, the bobbles aren't too bad. To make one you knit, purl, knit, purl in the same stitch. Then you turn and purl back on those 4 sts, turn and knit those 4, turn and p2tog twice, and turn and k2tog, then continue the rest of the row. You end up with one st again by the time you are done bobbling. Once you get it down, it's not bad. But yikes! There are 69 bobbles on the front of that little sweater! The sleeves and back were just easy stockinette.
    I'll have to try it. I'm working on a cable baby blanket now and I remember now why I used to love knitting. It's so relaxing!
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

They're adorable!

You are a champion knitter!

Blog Entries
    Those needles have been clacking away...beautiful and congrats! Oh happy day...
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    Nothing's too small...I love miniatures.

First baby girl was born this morning, 3:27am! They named her Millicent. She is perfect and beautiful. We'll be going to see her a.s.a.p!

Name:  IMG_4790.JPG
Views: 262
Size:  102.1 KB

Oh my gosh that is one cute grand-baby and love your baby projects.

Ooh, she is such a doll baby, with those rosy red cheeks!! A huge congratulations to you and the whole family!

Oh what a great photo of your beautiful granddaughter!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Those are adorable!
    Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight Centennial, Rocketeer, Juki 2200 QVP Mini, White 1964 Featherweight

The knitting is wonderful but the baby is so precious. Knitting is something I have always wished I could do
    Congrats grandma

You are blessed beyond measure...Congrats on your new princess. Oh what fun you will have spoiling her with your quilting and knitting talents.

Omg, she is so precious! Congratulations, SBG!!

Blog Entries
    OMgosh SBG, you must be so excited....Congratulations! I love the name they chose for her....
    BTW, your knitting projects are wonderful, especially the adorable sweater. Welcome to the grandparent club.
    attitude is everything...the rest will fall into place.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast