More Susan Boyle

Old 04-17-2009, 09:31 PM
pal

I read an article yesterday, written by a columnist in London, who said something like it's a shame that people judge other people by their looks
and that everyone was surprised that such a beautiful voice should come out of an ugly woman. There's an ugly woman around and it's not
Susan Boyle. I can't even imagine anyone saying such a thing much
less writing it the newspaper!!!! I think she should be fired!!!
Old 04-18-2009, 05:05 AM

I don't know why no one has "discovered" this gal before now. She's totally amazing!!! But she's out now!!!
Old 04-18-2009, 05:08 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by pal
I read an article yesterday, written by a columnist in London, who said something like it's a shame that people judge other people by their looks
and that everyone was surprised that such a beautiful voice should come out of an ugly woman. There's an ugly woman around and it's not
Susan Boyle. I can't even imagine anyone saying such a thing much
less writing it the newspaper!!!! I think she should be fired!!!
I told my DH yesterday that it is really a shame that the reason the story is sooo big is because of this. The lady is incredibly talented..but the story is due to her looks????? Give me a break!!! The lady can sing!
Old 04-18-2009, 07:35 AM

A friend in England has told us that until 2 years ago she cared for her mother (I knew her face was incredibly kind) when her mother died at aged 91 years. Also that her mother told her to do something with her life. My is she ever going to do that, she will be famous worldwide.
The song Cry me a river was done for a charity and only 1,000 copies were made. My goodness she is going to sell millions now.

Elle
Old 04-18-2009, 05:30 PM

She sounds like some women singers in the '60's, relaxed, vibrant, personal. When I heard her first song I realized I was holding my breath. Her voice just brings peace, like what heaven might sound like.

I would definitely buy her CD.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:20 PM

She is very very talented! I loved her singing the most and when she wowed Simon! Thats was truly Amazing! I hope she continue's to sing and we hear more of her! :D
Old 04-22-2009, 12:10 PM

I don't think that the fuss is because she is "ugly"... it's more that she is not beautiful. We expect our stars to be absolutely stunning and perfect, something your average woman can't achieve.

When I watched it on youtube I too was frowning at the start, and gritting my teeth, thinking "oh hell, they're going to slaughter her". The audience can be so cruel. But when she opened that mouth and sang I nearly fell off my chair. Her voice is the most beautiful I've ever heard. So crystal clear, and strong, like it's straight from an angel. I like music, but I've never been affected by a singer like that before.

I almost don't want to hear anything else from her, because surely nothing can ever get better than that performance.

She's a remarkable woman, and I'd prefer my daughters look to her as a role model, than to women like Rhianna who suddenly lose a whole lot of weight when they have a hit song.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:51 PM

I was reading an article in the Opinion section of our national news site, on Susan Boyle. The writer summed it up perfectly....

I wish they wouldn't faff about with Boyle. I wish they wouldn't pluck her eyebrows and give her a posh haircut. I wish top designers wouldn't be waiting in the wings offering elegant dresses, and that makeup artists wouldn't do their darnedest with her. That auntie dress, bushy eyebrows, and that frazzled hair served to magnify her talent, not detract.

She is - was - seemed to be - real, not just another manufactured Miley Cyrus person, fresh off the assembly line, glossy and perfect.

She can keep her awkward sense of humour, too; she's one of us, not one of them, with their prettiness, their scriptwriters, their personal trainers and image consultants.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:41 AM

SO true for once we see someone like all of us not some movie, singer star but an ordinary joe. Who I hope and pray our children will look up too and finally see there is more to beauty than what you see. I can't wait to hear more of her voice as I have never ever been moved by someone singing. Her voice just makes you stop (for a change) and listen. Remarkable talent. If I could call in and vote I would but I don't think hubby would like the overseas charges. lol. So someone please just vote for us who can't.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:51 AM

The thing about Susan Boyle is truly inspiring. I cried, like most of you. And I was glad to see a "regular" person be acknowledged for her talent. Think we, as a society, have become too focused on outward appearances, to the exclusion of some really beautiful talent and gifts. My daughter just reminded me of the performers of the seventies (and eighties) who were "characters". They were allowed the freedom of self-expression and not so bound up in the cult of appearance perfection! We need to make a comeback to what matters. Thank you Susan Boyle for your talent and perserverance!