Movie w/tom hankes

Old 09-14-2016, 07:34 AM

Default Movie w/tom hankes

Since there is nothing on tv lately, rented a movie from local redbox...Halogram of a King....with tom hankes I presumed couldn't be bad....WRONG! The strangest movie I have seen in a while. I really must have missed the "message" of it....it was so choppy and disconnected....it did have a happily ever after ending-----I think! But wasted much time to get there...and the actors really got paid to do this! Oh well thank goodness for good books!
Old 09-14-2016, 08:47 AM

I haven't seen this one. But will agree with you, most of his movies are normally pretty good
Old 09-14-2016, 09:19 AM

I've not seen that one either.

I found one I liked the other day-- Now You See Me (and the sequel, Now You See Me 2). It's about four magicians. Quite a few big-name actors. David Copperfield acted as a magical consultant on the second film.
Old 09-14-2016, 02:18 PM
Power Poster

he, he. he seems to make a new one every year or more often. one was Cloud something. never got that one! sort of futuristic. lost me quickly.
Old 09-15-2016, 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
Since there is nothing on tv lately, rented a movie from local redbox...Halogram of a King....with tom hankes I presumed couldn't be bad....WRONG! The strangest movie I have seen in a while. I really must have missed the "message" of it....it was so choppy and disconnected....it did have a happily ever after ending-----I think! But wasted much time to get there...and the actors really got paid to do this! Oh well thank goodness for good books!
I just put in a request at the library for a new book of Jennifer Chiaverini's collection of historical fact/fiction books. She wrote two about Abraham Lincoln and Mary Todd's maid, another of U. S. Grant and his wife and now the newest is about Mary Surrat and John Wilkes Booth. I get mine in the audio books, so I can sit and sew and listen to a good book. So, I got my request in for it right away!!!!! Now, I'll probably have to wait until Christmas before my name comes up. I would like to see the one about the pilot that crashed into the river and everyone lived. They say it isn't that good, but sometimes I like those shows, too! Have a good day. Edie
Old 09-15-2016, 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by Edie View Post
I just put in a request at the library for a new book of Jennifer Chiaverini's collection of historical fact/fiction books. She wrote two about Abraham Lincoln and Mary Todd's maid, another of U. S. Grant and his wife and now the newest is about Mary Surrat and John Wilkes Booth. I get mine in the audio books, so I can sit and sew and listen to a good book. So, I got my request in for it right away!!!!! Now, I'll probably have to wait until Christmas before my name comes up. I would like to see the one about the pilot that crashed into the river and everyone lived. They say it isn't that good, but sometimes I like those shows, too! Have a good day. Edie
Edie....I saw the movie "Sully" about the pilot that landed his plane in the Hudson river and it was a great movie. I would recommend that you go see it. My husband, who rarely goes to the movies, also went and absolutely loved it!
Old 09-15-2016, 05:23 AM

Sully is definitely one I want to see too.......as far as JC historical/fictional books.....will have to look into those. I did read the book written by the maid of Mary Todd Lincoln... Interesting and sad......
Old 09-15-2016, 09:03 AM

I agree - Sully is awesome!
Old 09-15-2016, 10:19 AM
Power Poster

I believe that 'Halogram of a King' was supposedly a sequel to the DAvinci Codes or something. We wait until they come on television. As loud as it can get in the theaters, I can fall asleep. not going to waste our money for a long nap. Not saying the movies aren't any good but it just happens. DArk theater different noise levels. Never know who you're going to be sitting next to.
Old 09-15-2016, 10:42 AM

Sully is a great movie. And, that is really happened makes it that much more worthwhile.
Maria