My baby can read

Old 11-09-2010, 05:44 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by LovinMySoldier
Thanks for the advice. We do have the leapfrog tag. He loves it. We have a lot of fun with it. He knows his alphabet and can recognize all the letters separately. I am a stay at home mom and he is our only child so needless to say he gets tons and tons of attention. We are probably one of the few families that don't have a tv subscription. We cannot get local television. He does get to watch the occasional movie but that's it. Thanks for all the suggestions. Kind of what I was already thinking. But the hubby gets a kick out of all sorts of things. And he thought if it worked we might as well do it and help our son as much as we can.

I have done home education (23 yrs) with my children and we used Teach Your Child To Read in 100 Easy Lessons. http://www.amazon.com/Teach-Your-Chi.../dp/0671631985
Some children read at three. I also own many other programs but come back to this. Just go at a very easy pace. Some of my children came out of hard circumstances, had nutritional depravation and institutional retardation (severe neglect). Now they are doing well and are in college. I also read to them all the time. Don't be scared to read on a higher level to them. Have you considered joining a home education group? Many people are not into pushing their children but want to slowely expose their child(ren) because the child shows interest.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:25 PM
vic

I read to my daughter constantly. At about 3 yrs of age she asked what a "Chirpo - Practor " was. I tried to explaine and correct her, but she was insistant I was wrong it was Chirpo Practor. I finally gave up and went with her 3 year mindset and told her it was doctor that fixes up sick birds. She was happy and accepted my explanation.
So they do absorb in their own way and time.