My DDil is a wreck

Old 09-22-2010, 03:54 PM

I suggest you call the county seat and see if they have a Victims' Advocacy Service. They offer free counseling for victims of crime. It can make a big difference.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:24 PM

Ditter, so sorry this has happened. BUt, having you there must have helped a lot. How many funny stories did you tell her?
Old 09-22-2010, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Ditter43
I took my DGC home yesterday afternoon and stay with my DDil last night as my DS is out of town till Friday. She is a nervous wreck. When I got there there was an alarm company there putting in security sensors etc.
We sat up until midnight talking. She was so strung out she couldn't sleep. Both of the children slept with her last night. I will spend the next two nights there so she won't be alone. She feels so violated and after she told me all the details, I can understand why.
Hopefully the alarm system will make her feel safer. It is being completed today.I know it takes time for things to return to normal after a traumatic experience. :-(
I know exactly how your DIL feels. Our home was broken into in May. When I came home from running some errands they were still in the house when I opened the garage door. One was waiting in a parked truck(the watchout) and another in the house that went out a back door. They got away with all of my nice jewelry, a camera, some coins and were about to get the small gun safe out. Think they were going to back the truck up to the garage and load the safe and a couple of other things they had sitting in the hallway to the garage. I did not sleep well for about a month. We now have a security system & feel better now about leaving the house. She is lucky the security company was able to install the system so quickly. We had to wait over a week for ours.

I still think about it almost every day. I think it will take a long long time for me to get over it. Hope things calm down soon.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:10 PM
Power Poster

What an awful thing. So glad you are there with them until your son returns.
Alarm systems really do make one feel safer, at least for me it does.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:19 PM

Come on everyone lets help out a special QB member Ditter43.…. Go to my challenge at PDA section B&E at DS's house. PM me and I will PM Ditters address or PM Ditter43. Something good always comes to those who help others. . $1.00.… less than the cost of a soda is all am asking. You can give more or less it’s your choice. Make A Happy Birthday memories for a DG.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:26 PM

So sorry to hear about all this. I can imagine her fear.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Windwalker
Dogs are good, but if they want in bad enough they will get past the dog. It happened to my sons' house not once but twice in 3 weeks. One dog is very protective and they still managed to get past her.
Next door has a Doberman; they were broken into. Only day in a month I had gone out!