My December Forecast...

Old 12-03-2012, 08:41 AM

Haha, if we REALLY want snow, Flagstaff is only about 3 hours away. Drive up, play for the day, drive back and thaw out for dinner!
Old 12-04-2012, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Pat G View Post
Oh Linda, I know just now you feel. My son asked me recently if I ever consider selling here & staying home yr. round. I said "ARE YOU NUTS"? As long as I can make the 3 day drive, I'm here.

Whereabouts do you live there? I'm on a sm. lake on the southern most tip of Kitsap Peninsula. We may get rain but at least it isn't snow. When it does snow, it never lasts longer than a few days.

Guess it started sunny there this morn. but was raining buckets when I called him. Yes, that is why Wash. is so beaut. & green but as long as Ariz. stays warm, I'm here.

Believe it or not, we have seen snow in the hills here but that's very unusual. I used to say "Stop that. That isn't what I paid for". LOL

I guess I should invite all of you to visit me here in warm Ariz. for awhile. Ha.

Pat
I live north of Everett in the Lake Goodwin area. Not on the lake, can't afford water front property! We have 5 acres and enjoy the quiet of the country but as I said, I can't take the cold anymore.

I bought an older condo in Sun City and am still working to get it in shape for me. I have the front room yet to paint when I return in Jan and then I can enjoy what the area has to offer--like the rec centers.

I've driven back to WA after our first trip down to return to WA this last Aug and then drove here the end of Sept to bring the car down I will keep here. I want to fly back and forth now. I take 2 days to get here. It's 13.5 hours from our place to Sacramento and then 12 hours from Sacramento to Sun City. Not a fun trip but you do what you have to do. My husband does not want to be here so he's back in WA and complaining about all the rain. This was my dream to be a snow bird and I just decided I'd better do it before it's too late and I regret not doing it.

Enjoy your winters here also!