Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
My doctor told me today not to use lotion >

My doctor told me today not to use lotion

My doctor told me today not to use lotion

Old 12-20-2011, 04:22 AM

Exfoliate the feet and skin prior to applying lotions etc. otherwise you trying to soften dead skin! Same with your face. Scrubs are awesome!

Sandy
Old 12-20-2011, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by Jackie Spencer View Post
Im sorry this isnt about feet or legs, but thought some of you might like to know. My sister had a mild stroke at age 58 Her Dr. told her no more Perms. That your body absorbs those chemicals. Hope you dont mind the change of subject. I apologize if I have upset anyone.
I am so curious to know if the doctor's wife(assuming it is a male MD) gets perms. With just that little bit of information I think it would be your sister's brain that has been damaged by the stroke that is super sensitive to the chemicals in a perm. Do you have any other information?
Old 12-20-2011, 08:49 AM

Apparently Doris Day used Vaseline in this way her whole life. She'd even apply it to her hands and wear cotton gloves to bed. Not sure but i wonder if it has anything to do with her still being single after all these years? Before you start slinging your arrows I also realize marriage isn't for everyone. It was just a thought!
Old 12-20-2011, 12:09 PM

the Dr told my mother the same thing her feet were awful scally and she used a foot cream, now she uses lanoline only
Old 12-20-2011, 02:51 PM

Interesting .......I was having trouble with my feet being so dry also and started using vaseline so I was glad to see this post. Merry Christmas everyone >)
Old 12-20-2011, 03:03 PM

Gold Bond is also very good. Some is designed for body lotion or feet lotion. Wish they had it for facial moisturizer.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:02 PM

With winter's arrival, I begin getting dry feet so bad they crack and bleed, so a couple of times a week I slather on the Vaseline and put on white socks before heading to bed. Yes it does work but I find I'm finding I need to do it more often... must be that hot dry heat we have that also puts my hair on end and lots of sparks in my kisses! (I must admit the sparks do get DH and I laughing a lot more during the winter, as we both try to be sure we're grounded before we pucker up!)