Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
My dog is peeing on my bed! >

My dog is peeing on my bed!

My dog is peeing on my bed!

Old 11-04-2010, 09:33 PM

I made a diaper belt for my boy about 4 inches in width and then I measured around him and added about 3 inches. Then added velcro at both ends. I buy mens depends diapers, they look like big period pads, but they work wonders because they have the sticky on the underside and it stick to the denim belt I made him. I then wrap it around him and keep it on him all day except for when I take him out to go. That way, when he marks, it doesn't go all over my house. They width and length is determined by the size of the dog. They are super simple to make. Just a big rectangle really.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:53 AM

Hi, just was wondering if the vet was any help? I got a female one year old Yorkie and having trouble housebreaking her. We have a doggie door and she knows how to go out, but doesn't always do her business outside. It has been three weeks since I got her, was wondering if maybe she has a urinary infection. Of course, that doesn't explain the "number two" problem. She is so cute and get along with the family. Help!!
Old 11-19-2010, 08:56 PM

The Vet told me that there was no fix for them. They would continue to do their business inside and that they were the hardest to train. I just deal with them since I am crazy about them. I am just glad they are small. LOL
Old 11-19-2010, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
I agree about the vet. We had a black half siamese cat long ago who would let us know when he had kidney problems. He would go and pee in the sinks, so we would see the blood in his urine. Off to the vet we'd go (with him screaming at full volume in his Siamese voice) and after a few doses of antibiotics he would be fine for anther year or two.
Maybe your fur kid is hurting and can't get your attention any other way. Simply shut the bedroom door and see if he pees anywhere else inside.

Our cat did that same thing, happened every time the seasons changed. Silly girl wouldn't drink enough water!
Old 11-19-2010, 10:32 PM

do you think he does it when asleep or do you see him "lift his leg" and do it? our older female will sometimes wet the bed - she does it when sleeping. Vet put her on some meds to help control it- it was an involuntary pee - not on purpose - sort of like an older person that in incontinent.