Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
My faith in people has been restored >

My faith in people has been restored

My faith in people has been restored

Old 01-12-2011, 08:49 PM

Thank you for sharing. I guess in life we all get taken in one way or another, It makes us feel so good to just give knowing we really did help someone. What a wonderful man to come back and do a nic job for you. Life now days is not easy, I think 100 years ago it was easier to be poor than in today. Water is now something we pay for to water a garden if one is lucky to have space for a garden. This man went out in the nasty weather for his wife and daughter. awesome man. Thank you for helping he and his family. :)
Old 01-12-2011, 08:58 PM

Sounds like two wonderful people to me.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:17 PM

Week before last I went to visit my Mother and took my youngest DS along. We were out onto the main road about a mile when we passed a lady walking going the other way. It was about 30* out and was sleeting. I went down to the next subdivision and turned in. DS started clammering about what I was doing we were already late. I replied to him that I tried to listen to the voice when it spoke to me and I had been told to help this woman. We went back and asked her if she wanted a ride. She almost crawled in the window. She had on thin polyester slacks and a rain jacket. She was soaked head to toe and her face and hands were beet red. She lived 1 street over from my Mothers subdivision.(2+ miles)She explained that Her car would not start that morning and she had walked the 4 miles to the Dr office no problem but the temp had dropped about 20* & the rain had started, then as she was walking back it turned to sleet. She told us that she had just been thinking, "God why has no one stopped to pick me up? I am not going to be able to make it home." She said she couldn't feel her feet and her teeth were chattering. I took her to her house and told her to go straight to a hot shower. Poor thing stood there in the sleet thanking me repeatedly for bringing her home. I told her no problem that I tried to listen when I was spoken to. As we were leaving the drive my DS said, "You know she thinks you are weird listening to the voices and all." I advised him that he should listen more often. I still think she understood perfectly..... I agree that we should be cautious but if we do not offer to help others Who is going to offer to help us when we need it?
Old 01-12-2011, 10:38 PM

What a wonderful encounter for both of you.
There is a special place in the fabric of life for you and I'm sure you have restored the faith in mankind for a lot of us on this board. I hope I can recognize a need when it knocks on my door.

He must not live too far from you.....

Thank you for sharing this.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:50 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by SharonC
It's nice when surprises are good. My heart goes out the people who now have the need to do whatever is necessary for their loved ones. His parents should be proud of the son they raised.
Ditto. There are so many people out there looking for a handout instead of doing what need to be done.. I know a woman who refuses to work- she wants to be a stay at home single mom.. she managed to work the system she now has disability, food stamps, and her church helps with food.. I know her personally & she can get up off her butt but chooses not to.. So its wonderful to hear stories of those who can restore our faith in humanity..
Old 01-13-2011, 04:04 AM

Mimito2: bless you for what you did. Unfortunately, in today's society, one has to be VERY careful about picking up strangers, but clearly, this lady was in need. I'm a firm believer in "paying forward". You can be assured that this lady will someday pay forward your kindness to her.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by samifel
Just about the time we are ready to give up and never open our door or our hearts, someone fills our soul with the wonder of life and humanity. You were blessed.....you got way more out of the deal than he did. :)
And by sharing your story here, we are all blessed as well. Now, maybe someone can tell me why I'm sitting here crying!
Old 01-13-2011, 01:31 PM

Wish more folks were like each of you. You are both wonderful examples to others.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:21 PM

My mom always said that her heart was bigger than her wallet. Wish I could do more.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:52 AM

I'd much rather lose some money by being "taken" than for some poor person to be turned from my door that really needs it.